Injector Difference [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Injector Difference

blk_grn_97GT
05-13-2007, 05:42 PM
i was curious if anyone knew the differences between the 3.1L and 3.4L injectors, i have been wanting to install these injectors i had and ends up they are injectors off of a 3.4L, and i know that the injector is different with caps and 2 types of o-rings but they are essentially the same engine except for displacement right so is there any reason if i got the o-rings for these and put them in my 3.1L they would be alright? want to know before i take it apart so i don't do this for nothing.
thanks

Sprucegagt
05-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Ask that on http://www.60degreev6.com. They know everything about GM 60* V6 engines.

gectek
05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
well first of all it depends on the year of the engine. second there are 4 different engines for what you are talking about. the 3.1 was an iron head, the 3100 is alum and the newer style. the 3.4l was also an iron head and was mainly used in the RWD f bodies, it has a different style UIM and LIM. the 3400 is what was used in the GAs AFAIK, for the newer gens at least, and the injectors and FPR changed with the 2000 model year, IIRC before then they were the bosch style clips for the 99, which were the same as from 96-98 so really 96-99, but the stock fuel pressure was changed to 55 psi in 00 or somewhere around in there and the injector style as well. they also rated the injectors at a different lb/hr rating of 22.5 with the newer injectors. if you really need them though i dont see why you cant use them because the malibu uses them for thier 3100 engine so i would try, but you prob wont see any difference really. but for more info do as spruce says and ask or search on there. the only reason i would see using those is if you put a cam or ported the heads and intakes to make it allow more air in

blk_grn_97GT
05-14-2007, 05:44 PM
i wasn't going to put them on for performance reasons, i have a '97 GAGT with 225,000 miles on it and need to replace one or more and i have an extra set of injectors off a 2000 GAGT and they don't cost me anything so i thought i would try to see if they would work. cost reasons the only thing and if they would work.

gectek
05-14-2007, 09:46 PM
you would need a different harness because the clips on the 00 injecotrs changed. you would need 99 model injectors or a newer wiring harness and then splice your camshaft connector on it. those are the 2 options