Radio Display Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Radio Display Problem

Black Phoenix
05-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Hey all, I searched other threads about this and I feel like mine is a slightly different case.

The right half of my radio/time display does not light up, seems like it is in a perma-shadow. It's near impossible to see the EQ setting. I believe this happened once before a while back but now it's always this way. The other threads detailed a complete dash light failure but that is not the case with mine.

Hopefully the pic will help, sorry for the quality I used my camera phone.
Any ideas of what this might be and if it's fixable?

Bryan
05-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I think we'd get a better idea if you took a picture with the flash off.

Black Phoenix
05-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't have a flash on my phone, that's just the way it came out. Just look how the right side is almost "shadowed." It may be an LCD problem. The only way I can explain it is that the light is very dim, seems like it's getting blocked or something?
I'll try and get a higher quality digicam for a better pic. Thanks for the response.

Bryan
05-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Nah, sorry I was just bein' a d!ck.
It seems like most people with the display problems either buy a new one or go aftermarket.
This thread might help you out..
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43675&highlight=radio+display

kuecker_dj09
05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
like i said in other threads....find a good aftermarket headunit. try pioneer or alpine......they have tons of options if you want to add amps and they both have great iPod compatability

tenspeed
05-20-2007, 10:16 PM
http://www.corvetteradios.com/corvetteradios_013.htm

Black Phoenix
05-20-2007, 10:42 PM
much appreciated tenspeed!

tenspeed
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
My center LED was out. I "fixed" it by hitting the radio trim with my fist. Probably a loose/dirty connection.

TFA
05-21-2007, 09:47 PM
happened to me on the left side..problem fixed itself in a few days