PDA

View Full Version : COTM - Main Page

Elderas
05-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I donít know but I think the car of the month should have a little place either
a) On the front page
b) Somewhere near the top of the forums where people can click and gawk at it
c) Both a and b

Now I say this because of a variety of reasons.

Having checked out competitions for a couple of months now I noticed thereís not really THAT many submissions. I think this will not only make people want to enter the contest and win, but it will also attract new enthusiasts to the site that want to see if they can win the contest. I personally would love to see my car on the front page, (but obviously if you look at my car you'll know why it will never be there)

In relation to b) ... I donít know about everyone else, but when I click to come here I just go straight to the forums, and I donít even see the front page. If anyone else is like this, then I think displaying the car of the month on the forum page would help out.

Looking forward to some feedback. Thanks!

Ajaxus
05-26-2007, 12:07 AM
good ideas, you got my vote on choice c, i think for it to be most effective it should be implemented in both places not one or the other.

Exodus
05-26-2007, 12:14 AM
i concur

Ajaxus
05-26-2007, 12:25 AM
i was just trying to figure out how to put it on the forums..i think maybe putting it into a banner form and rotating it in and out randomly with those google ads that are placed just to the right of our sponsor ads? probably about the only way to do it.

Elderas
05-26-2007, 02:02 AM
heres kinda what i was thinking. I drew up a concept in paint. I think its do able, but im not really sure how free you are to add and remove boxes.

anyways:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o229/Elderas/Concept.jpg

Elderas
05-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Sorry its so small i had the big version but it got scaled down when i uploaded it to photobucket.

for those hard of sight.

basicall it moves the COTM thread up and adds a picture and some basic info, at the expense of threads posts and the moderator columns.

Ajaxus
05-26-2007, 02:13 AM
not too shabby

kuecker_dj09
05-26-2007, 08:15 AM
I choose C as well.....i skip to the forums instead of going through the main page

Bryan
05-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I like it. I'd choose C also. That design's pretty nice too although I don't recall you winning COTM May 2007.:angel

pyro
05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
there was something like that in the works back when it started, but it never really got moving...maybe this will boost some interest in it once again. good idea

Elderas
05-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I like it. I'd choose C also. That design's pretty nice too although I don't recall you winning COTM May 2007.:angel

well my mom said it was cool enough to be car of the month.

but anyways i'm glad more people like the idea. I would love to see something like this implimented.

DrFabulous
05-27-2007, 07:25 AM
I'll chime in for this and say it's a good idea. There's a lot of other car sites I visit where the car of the month is the first thing you see on the main page and on the top of the forums... I think it would work well on this site, and help boost COTM voting/entering.

Elderas
07-29-2007, 02:32 AM
so any chance of this actually happening?