Molding question will this work? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Molding question will this work?

CENSOR1
05-31-2007, 09:23 PM
I was wondering if anyone here knew if the same stalk chrome molding that goes around the side windows of a grandam SE would fit on a grandam GT?
because ive always liked the chrome molding on a SE but all the GT's were all made with black molding, and I thought of getting chrome tape and outlining my black molding but then thought maybe the chrome molding on a SE would fit so I wouldnt have to do all that?.. so if anyone could answer this question for me and tell me what years of the SE molding might fit on my 2002 GT it would be greatly appreciated..thanx in advance..

GrandAmGT1996
05-31-2007, 09:41 PM
^Thanx 4 pointing me to the right section I'll post my question in there, and I do like the black molding on the GT's when teh car is red,silver,white but my GT is black and and I have dark tinted windows so id like to have that 2 tone seperation and have it stand out more, I thought about painting them red also but IDK about that I think chrome would look good and be the safe way to go because I have alot of other parts on my car chrome to go with the theme..

I dont know, I really like the look of a blacked out car. I would leave it black, tint your tails, get some black headlights, and some black or gunmetal rims

Bryan
05-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I think the chrome molding could look sweet or tacky. Having it red would definitely be tacky but yeah I'm not sure if you can directely swap them out. I'm kinda interested to find out now.

Then again..blacked out FTW every time.

CENSOR1
05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I dont know, I really like the look of a blacked out car. I would leave it black, tint your tails, get some black headlights, and some black or gunmetal rims
^Yeah I got the black tyc tail lights and im ordering the black front lights soon and buying some 19" black/red/chrome BT rims next week, my color theme is black,red,silver/chrome.. so im sticking to that but also trying to do a few things to make my car more original and custom as far as GT's go, so I thought this might be a good addition if in fact the SE molding would fit to replace the black GT molding dose anyone know if it would?

GrandAmGT1996
05-31-2007, 09:58 PM
4 different color scheme? IMHO you might wanna narrow it down a little, otherwise its going to look over-done.

Bryan
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah that's too much man.

Rich
06-01-2007, 01:28 AM
i dont think anyones ever tried to get it out. in theory i think it would fit, but after getting it out i dont know how useable it would be. grafxwerks has black vinyl for SE's to cover up the chrome. maybe he can make you some of that in chrome.

Elderas
06-01-2007, 02:50 AM
well the cars are exactly the same, save for the trim package ie bumpers skirts and all that so ya it should fit. Im almost 100 percent positive.

honestly if you want ill trade you my chrome peices for your black ones. Im lookin to get rid of mine.

but im pretty sure you have the coupe and i have the sedan so it wont work that way.