Just made up my mind [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just made up my mind

Dizzy21
05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Im not gonna lie, over the past year I have been looking for different cars, cuz I wanna get rid of my Grand Am. Well that all changed about a week ago. I realized that I would miss the aggressive look that it already has. Plus it is a quality car for your money. But I need your help.

I am looking to put a good amount of accessories on it.

First of all, I have a 2003 Grand Am GT. This is what I want done.

Where can I find this for the cheapest? Besides ebay if there is a better place

Smoked headlights-use the stick ons?
Smoked taillights-stick ons?
Blue fog lights-stick ons?
Mesh kit-already know I want silver
I was talking a guy at belle tire and he said that 19's wont fit without any other adjustment....is that true?

I know this is performance but I am looking at an Intake for 70? Autogalaxy any good? I know K&N is solid.

Also, I was thinking about a Borla exhaust but I changed my mind. I want to get a tip that wont sound ricey, but more like a mustang....something that sounds clean and powerful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just wanna rep the Grand Am hard in the street. Turn some heads

notsoaveragej0e
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Smoked headlights-use the stick ons? Ebay, black or chrome
Smoked taillights-stick ons? Ebay, get TYC's
Blue fog lights-stick ons? Angel Eyes- PFYC.com
Mesh kit-already know I want silver Don't get it, looks cheap.
I was talking a guy at belle tire and he said that 19's wont fit without any other adjustment....is that true? Get 18's with decent treadwall

I know this is performance but I am looking at an Intake for 70? Autogalaxy any good? I know K&N is solid. You can make your own really, just get some pipe and a K&N. If you want pre-made and quality, pick up a CAI used off a member on here if you can find it.

Also, I was thinking about a Borla exhaust but I changed my mind. I want to get a tip that wont sound ricey, but more like a mustang....something that sounds clean and powerful. "Tips" dont make the car have a different sound. A muffler does that. I recommend a cat-back; Borla is expensive, but is your only option as far as out-of-the-box goes, other than custom. I would price both if I were you (local shop install, etc).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just wanna rep the Grand Am hard in the street Good luck, just don't get overzealous. If you do, it'll look like crappy and like you are trying too hard. Less is more. Turn some heads

Elderas
05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
k well i dont know what stick on means but

smoked you wont find unless you just do it yuorself (which wouldnt be hard)
mesh, i would check some local car store some might sell it. I ended up buying close to 4 sq feet for about 40 bucks from a local store

19's will fit with low low low low pros but its not worth it. get 18s, they fit much nicer in the wheel hub and theres no issue
read this http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55365

intake.. checkout our sponsor page http://www.grandamgt.com/index.php?page=sponsors. They should have a ton. ebay is also a good choice.

as for mufflers.. I have an 80 dollar no name one with shotty style rolled tips and it sounds pretty good, bought it from a local store.

btw welcome to the site

edit

curse you joe

notsoaveragej0e
05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
edit

curse you joe

::Looks for the "pwnz you" smiley::

AaronGTR
06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
As stated, 19's WILL fit as long as you buy the right offset wheel and the right size tires. I also recommend getting 18's instead though.

For intakes, you aren't going to find anything good for $70 and not on ebay. A large majority of the stuff on ebay for our car is either crap or a scam. You need to shop at a place that specializes in our cars. Don't go cheap on the parts because in the end you won't be satisfied with the results/looks. Use quality or don't do it. For a few more bucks you can get a CAI from MP racing that is designed to fit your car, will make more power, and will look nicer and fit better than a cheapo civic intake.

Elderas
06-01-2007, 08:38 AM
^
for the record i have a 30 dollar ebay intake. The piping barely fits in, rubs against the battery, and doesnt have anything i can bolt it too. And the sensor hole is on welfare too.