96 GAGT V6 Question... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 96 GAGT V6 Question...

The Beyond
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I just bought a 96 grand am gt 3.1 the engine was replaced at around 120k i believe... im trying to figure out why the radiator fan never kicks on... it does when i turn the air or heat on but ive never heard or seen it actually kick on to cool the engine down, i thought maybe it was the "relay switch" so i bought a new one and changed it... didn't do anything, i keep my eye on the temp gauge and it never really gos past half way.. any ideas

maybe the car never gets hot enough for it to need to kick on.... even though i can drive 10 mins and my engine feels like you could cook an egg on it....

something to do with the new engine maybe?

- thanks

Graxall
06-01-2007, 10:32 PM
I just bought a 96 grand am gt 3.1 the engine was replaced at around 120k i believe... im trying to figure out why the radiator fan never kicks on... it does when i turn the air or heat on but ive never heard or seen it actually kick on to cool the engine down, i thought maybe it was the "relay switch" so i bought a new one and changed it... didn't do anything, i keep my eye on the temp gauge and it never really gos past half way.. any ideas

maybe the car never gets hot enough for it to need to kick on.... even though i can drive 10 mins and my engine feels like you could cook an egg on it....

something to do with the new engine maybe?

- thanks

Theres bascially a sensor that tells the radiator the car is too hot. That sensor gas gone bad.

The Beyond
06-01-2007, 10:40 PM
is it the same sensor that tells the temp on the gauge?

Graxall
06-01-2007, 10:46 PM
is it the same sensor that tells the temp on the gauge?

Not 100% sure.

gobraves00
06-01-2007, 10:51 PM
where the sensor

The Beyond
06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
how much is this sensor
/