Seat sliding back [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Seat sliding back

Elsmooth
06-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I have a 2 door GT and everytime I let someone get in the back on the passanger side, I pull the seat up to let them in, then when you go to sit in the the front seat it never locks in place where it was before it slides all the way back and then you can use the lever in the front of the seat to move it back up. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Jake
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you mean the seat BACk folds up and down and wont lock back into place? I had that happend to me, I just kept jiggling the handle and playing with it and it eventually locked lol

notsoaveragej0e
06-04-2007, 06:54 PM
My friend had this problem on the driver seat of his old LeBaron. His fix? A cooler behind the seat to keep it from moving lol

Jake
06-04-2007, 07:14 PM
My friend had this problem on the driver seat of his old LeBaron. His fix? A cooler behind the seat to keep it from moving lol

lol, whatever works

angrysk8r
06-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Yea I've got the same problem, but it locks if you mess around with the front lever.

Elsmooth
06-04-2007, 10:35 PM
yea, i guess that would work, but its just whenever the passenger goes to sit down after letting some1 in the back, they slide all the way back and then crush the persons legs in the back too, lol. its just real inconvenient.

mrlithium
06-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Um, i think this is a feature of the car. I have the same car and I let people into the backseat a lot. If you fold the seat down with the lever in the back to let someone in, (first of all the passenger has to get out, theres not enough room to squeeze in which sucks)... the person then gets in, you tell them to scrunch their legs back, passenger slides the seat all the way back for a second and brings it forward real fast to relieve them of the cramped knees. it wont lock unless you slide it all the way back. also you have to remember to tell them, or they'll bang their knees and be wicked pissed at you. All my friends have gotten to know this routine by now lol.