wheel hub/bearing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wheel hub/bearing

BOOTMASTER
06-09-2007, 09:37 AM
my front passenger side wheel bearing went out........can you change just the bearing or do u have to do the whole hub assembly? if so, where do you get the bearing (part # or store link would be great, and a how to) cause i know there would be a good price difference between just a bering and the whole assembly. if not, where is the cheapest place to get a new hub assembly....oh yeah, its a 2002 gt

thanks

silverse
06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
you have to change the whole hub assembly. Not sure who has the best price.

You have to remove the brake rotor and caliper, take out the three or four bolts that hold the hub to the knuckle and then the axle nut then pull the hub out, you might need to use some persuasion to get it out. I recomend alot of penetrating oil prior to attempting this.

bryanw0087
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
i have a brand new hub assembly still in the box for sale if your interested

lvemy3100
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Timken Front wheel bearing and hub assembly- $95.99 http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=106

gaowners32
03-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Do you still have this hub assemly for sale?

2002_AWhiteGT1
03-05-2008, 03:48 PM
Inside of the 'hub assembly' there are bearings; however, the part that needs replacing is simply called the 'wheel bearing'.

I just replaced my passenger side wheel bearing. Attached to the bearing you will find a clip-in plug for the wheel speed sensor (ABS). I decided to avoid an aftermarket brand when replacing this part because I did not want any issues with my ABS or Traction Control.

As getting parts from the dealer is costly, I would recommend getting it from www.gmpartsdirect.com. Or, if you can find any parts store with a wheel bearing made by "Delphi" (that's who makes it for GM), that's as good as getting it from the dealer or www.gmpartsdirect.com. I got a Delphi part from an aftermarket supplier and it worked great.