Got a leak, shorted electrical [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Got a leak, shorted electrical

zx7ninja
06-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey all.
Well, my car sprung a leak somewhere. It leaked into my car the last time it rained, and I had an inchg of water in my passenger side floor.
It apparently shorted my electrical. My car is acting very odd. Dash lights flashing on and off like a Christmas tree, car hardly ever starts, and most of the times shuts right back off instantly.
I got it started to get it home, and pulled it off the road. It's currently parked it my driveway, not in use.

I have no idea what kind of damage it could have caused. I also have no idea what it would take to fix it.

Any ideas on what the heck is going on here?

It's an 01 model, and not worth much anymore. If it's bad enough, we've been considering claiming it on my comprehensive, but we're afraid it might get totalled, considering these cars aren't worth crap anymore. And we've been told electrical problems can be very very costly to track and fix.
That would suck, because i've only got 65k on it, and it's run absolutely beautifully other than this.

If it ends up being very costly, thst would be bad, because we don't have the money to fix it.
If I claim it and they total it, they would also be bad, because i'd never be abl;e to get something comparable for what i'd get for it.

But first things first. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions about the problem?

Grreen99GT
06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49778&highlight=floor+wet

there should be some good info there

iceman
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
I had the same thing, was the air vent intake thingy or whatever it's called, that's in the wiper motor area.. leaked on to my BCM and ****ed up all kinds of **** royally. search BCM and water leak or something and you'll find my thread.