KYB Question.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : KYB Question..

TimD
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone…

I just wanted to hear what you all think about KYB struts. I have lowered springs and my car rids like a dump truck… now I assume struts will help but what ones do I get?

There seams to be three types of KYB’s :
Factory replacements 269.99$ pfyc.com
GR-2 Ebay 278.83
AGX 538.00$ pfyc.com

Now do I really need the adjustable AGX’s to help with the bumpy ride? Or will the GR-2’s do the trick. Also are the GR-2’s the factory replacements listed on pfyc.com?

Thanks in advance…

ryanbgb22
06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
pfyc = gr2.

I have the Gr2's and lowering springs and have no problems along with most other people. I got mine from autopartswarehouse.com and i think it came to about 250 with shipping iirc.

Grreen99GT
06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
yes the kyb struts are top notch, very good struts

AaronGTR
06-14-2007, 11:08 PM
pfyc has both the KYB GR2's and the KYB AGX's. The GR2's aren't quite factory replacements. They are meant for factory ride height and stiffness, but they are nitrogen charged unlike the factory struts which gives them more consistent dampening, and they are slightly higher quality so they will last longer than factory struts if paired with stiffer lowering springs. The adjustable AGX's are always preferable though to use with performance springs. They will last longer and give a better ride. They are only $500 which is cheap for good performance parts.

GRZHOPR
06-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I like Tokico better. KYB is close second.

lvemy3100
06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I like Tokico better. KYB is close second.

so you have Tokico struts on your GA?

if so what part # and where did you buy them cause I dont see anything listed for us from them...

GRZHOPR
06-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I've never checked for my GA; I don't mod my DD outside of cosmetics--run OEM everything. I ran Tokicos on Starions. Can't get them for those anymore either. Those were the good ol' days.