Alarm Info???? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Info????

Green99GT
09-01-2002, 09:00 PM
Just wondering what to look for in a alarm for my 99 GA. Whats the going price installed ect. My girls car got broken into so now im worrying. I have alot more to lose. Thanks Guys Justin

StarFire
09-01-2002, 09:24 PM
I don't know what all you need/want That's a very grey area.

I've got a factory alarm in mine (came that way when I bought it), and it will go off with a lift of the door handle, or a nudge of the car. I can make it as sensitive that if you drop a quarter on the hood from like 6" it will go off. I put the LED up in the dash (through one of those round access parts) and it shows up really nice and no one has done anything to it yet. Mine also (when triggered) will beep according to where it was set off (like 3 beeps is the driver door handle, four is a shock to the trunk...etc.)

For what little I paid for it (found I paid a couple bucks for it in the long run), and not knowing I was originally getting it...I love it. I definitely feel safer with it (not that it will stop anyone who really wants to get in it...but atleast it's something).

-=StarFire=-

Green99GT
09-02-2002, 04:39 PM
NE1 else?

Phyre
09-02-2002, 04:51 PM
carry around a weapon of some sort, half a wooden bat is usually good...if you see the person doing it, get your bat, and beat them...if you dont, bust out private eye style, track them down and beat them...that works where i live...cause you usually end up finding out who it was.

GrandAmSC/T
09-02-2002, 05:33 PM
haha yep phyre :thumbs:

Green all you really need is a basic alarm with a dual stage shock sensor, siren, Starter disable, dome light current sensor. and thats probably about it. Price for something like that around here is 200 bucks installed. installation here for an alarm is around $75. hope that helps a little.

grass
09-02-2002, 05:45 PM
what if u keep your 1/2 bat in your trunk, and then they steal the bat too, then your out a bat, they got into your car, and then if u see em and try to stop em, they'll beat your tanya harding/nancy kerrigan style

Haunz
09-02-2002, 08:21 PM
In addition to a basic alarm I like the idea of boobie trapping your vehicle..... for instance I have a little device I put together where if a relay is tripped a can of pepper sprey is dispersed inside my car... that should fix any would-be thieves pretty good...

I am waiting to buy a proximity sensor to hook up to before I install it, avoiding a nasty false alarm... someone would actually have to be inside the car before it goes off...

I am trying to get a stun gun to rig up in the trunk, but I can't get one here in Canada...

Molson
09-02-2002, 08:34 PM
Nothing like coming back to your car and moving the bodies outta the way to get in..

GrandAmSC/T
09-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Haunz
In addition to a basic alarm I like the idea of boobie trapping your vehicle..... for instance I have a little device I put together where if a relay is tripped a can of pepper sprey is dispersed inside my car... that should fix any would-be thieves pretty good...

I am waiting to buy a proximity sensor to hook up to before I install it, avoiding a nasty false alarm... someone would actually have to be inside the car before it goes off...

I am trying to get a stun gun to rig up in the trunk, but I can't get one here in Canada...

Originally posted by Molson
Nothing like coming back to your car and moving the bodies outta the way to get in..

LMAO you guys crack me up thats too funny lol lol

grass
09-03-2002, 12:42 PM
stun gun? how would you make your alarm use it?

i like the pepper spray idea though, thats funny

Green99GT
09-04-2002, 09:27 AM
I got a quote from a place down the street from me. I knwo they do great work and stand behind it 100%. For there better alarm it would run 450+tax installed. That the keless and the whole 9. Its the DEI Hornet series. How does that sound? Thanks Justin

GrandAmSC/T
09-04-2002, 11:36 AM
sounds kinda high to me but maybe thats just me

Haunz
09-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by grass
stun gun? how would you make your alarm use it?

The plan would be to have the thing triggered by the alarm, then there would be terminals in spots the thief is likely to touch.... say mounted on either side of the sub box...

The other idea was to have my amps mounted with 2 layers of mesh mounted overtop and then a cover.... if someone removed the cover and started messing with stuff it would be like shoving your fingers into a bug zapper...

this is just an idea though...

How about a tazer that will shoot you if you open the trunk!! hehe...

Personally, I would MUCH rather have to deal with the police because my car sent a thief to the hospital then deal with the police because I had 3K of gear ripped off....

But a boobie traped car really could get you in trouble if someone was hurt... these days a common thief would have more rights then me if he was injured stealing my ****....

grass
09-05-2002, 07:56 AM
very true, like the robber that fell into the house thru a skylite and broke his leg or something then sued the lady and WON!

thats wrong