Loud noise from fans [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Loud noise from fans

Jake
06-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Well I am guessing its from the fans. I really dont know much about the A/C system and stuff but when i turn on my A/C or heater and it kicks on it is rather loud. And when i turn the car off and the fans start slowing down they get really loud, i cant really describe the sound, its like if u stuck a playing card in like a small house fan as it was shutting off, it kinda sounds like that. If i never touch the a/c controls and leave it off it never does it, but as soon as i turn it on u can hear it, and even if i turn it right back off and am drivin around town or whatever for like 20 minutes it will still make the sound when i turn the car off. Sorry if this has been covered, if it has dont flame me to bad, just ive never heard a car make this noise.

WeibSunder
06-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe a bearing is thrown in one of the fans...not sure, not familiar with the A/C system either.

Jake
06-28-2007, 10:15 PM
it did it again today, i had my mom in the car to shut it off so i could see exactly what was going on, the fan on the right like shuts off faster and stops faster then the left one, and thats where the noise is comin from. Since the car is under warranty I am not gonna worry about it until somehting actually breaks or osmehting more serious occurs with it, just would like to know whats going on.

cardude007617
06-28-2007, 10:28 PM
since its under warranty, have it checked out, and if they charge u say they should have disclosed to u that the AC is noisy