Driver Seat Question. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver Seat Question.

Tzer
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Question is. Does the driver seat have an optional button on the side to make it rise up or down from the factory?
Reason I ask is that ours did and it quit moving up or down but you can hear the motor (Like it's off track or something).

Anyway we took it to the dealer because it's under warrenty and they said that this wasn't an option for these cars or our car. That was a lumbar button.

Well the lumber has never worked, that button is making the seat rise or lower. So did someone install this feature and connect it to the "Lumbar button" or is something else wrong here?

We own a 2003 GT 4 Door.

Thanks for your time.

Tzer
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
*Update*
I ended up going to the dealer to pick the car up. We're waiting on some parts.

It had went in for...
1) The Service or Check light came on and the Trac Low off wouldn't do anything if you pressed it.
2) The dash displayed (flashed) the seatbelt light. (They checked for this a month ago and couldn't find this happening). It only does it on me and not my wife so it must be the size of my belly issue LOL
3) The automatic seat up & down.

Results were...
1) They ordered a Brake module? (I think thats what I heard them say.
2) They just went ahead and ordered a new switch or drivers seatbelt receiver or?
3) This is the tricky one. They ran our VSS and it turns out our car was supposed to have the full leather deluxe package. I don't know who, when or why we have a cloth package but they said that button was for lumbar. It don't have lumbar and the glovebox manual shows the exact button that we have to be the seat Up & Down. So the Mech. that looked at the car came around and I explaned to him that the seat used to raise up and down and it wasn't a lumbar button. So he took another look under the seat and seen that it had the hardware to go up and down. He scratched his head and said he would just order the parts for it.

This car was a personal lease car so all I can think of was that they didn't want leather and they swapped it out with an SE1 or something when it was first purchased. Who knows.

I finally found a site that mentioned this...
"SE1 four-way adjustable front seats with power height adjustment for the driver" It took awhile to find one that did mention this.

I just think when they build the cars they just toss in whatever they have sitting next to them but it's hard to figure out why the VSS said it had the leather package and that no where it was documented that there had been a change. We purchased the extended warrenty and figured that all was in order for what was in the car at the time of purchase. We'll see.

I was about the say to the dealer if they didn't want to help us out. Well then. beings this car was supposed to have leather, This leather looks like it's worn out and you need to change it all then LMAO.

I'll post an update after all is said and done. Sorry to be long winded.

Have a happy 4th of July all.

WeibSunder
07-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I have a 2003 SE and it has the up/down seat option, but it doesn't work anymore. lol

And I have the freaking seat belt light deal too, I just punch receiver part and jerk on the belt a few times and it will be alright for about a week until it happens again and then I just give it another beat down and it behaves.

Tzer
07-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Yea ours just quit working lastweek and to me it's not a big deal beings it's stuck in the lowest setting. but the wife just about needs a pillow LOL

The seatbelt thing isn't a big issue either, I was more concerned about the Cel and the trac button not working. I'm not sure if it was the Service vehicle soon or the Service engine soon light that came on. By the time the wife came home form work it had went away. I don't know if both codes will store the code in the system but obviously it did. I hope it corrects it. I've read about many people trying to chase this one down.

Beings we still have warrenty. I'm going to have it all repaired ;)

I'll let you know the cost of the items if it's on the bill paper.

PERM01
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Mine has the up and down button too ... and it still works.

Shadowfaxgt1
07-06-2007, 12:49 PM
My 1999 GT with the cloth seats had the up and down button (which doesn't work either....drive linkage is broken) with manual forward and back adjustment. My 2002 GT1 with leather has all power adjustments (6 - way)

AaronGAGT
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
my 2000 gt with cloth seats has the up and down button that works with manual fwd and backwards

Panacea
07-10-2007, 04:03 PM
My '99 GT had it w/the cloth seats. Stopped working too, had it replaced under extended warranty.

ancona46
07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
mine is busted too lol piece of crap seats

ryanbgb22
07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
mine just went today. Has a grinding noise and doesnt move, then all at once it will jump up and down and not move again. I havent looked into it but im sure its a pita to fix. I think i'll just leave it.

ancona46
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
i never used mine either maybe once just to see how high it went

DrFabulous
07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Not going to lie, totally forgot I had the up/down power switch. I even ran out to check on it, and it still works. I bet I've used it less than 5 times in the last 3 years.

hass
07-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I was messing around one day and found it.
I moved it up and down, was like hey this is sweet.

Then it stopped working and just makes a grinding noise.
So I got a whole 5 seconds of enjoyment out of it.
Now my seat is in a funky position too, lmao.
But I've gotten use to it :/

I bought it used, so eh.