Ahhhhhhh help pleaseeeeeeeee... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh help pleaseeeeeeeee...

Korben
07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Ok. I turn my car off, but it doesn't fully turn off. I take out the key and it still isn't off.

The engine is off just fine, but the car still thinks the key is turn to the first spot so whenever I open the door it starts beeping hysterically and the lights on the gauges/everything else still works.

Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks folks.

:applause: :attention: <--PLEASE

lone_wolf025
07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Point of advice: When asking for help for technical problems include a brief description in the title.

So basically when you're done driving, you turn the key to the off position and is it like the accessories position or does it think its on the ignition on position?

I'm gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say its the ignition cylinder. I've never heard of this before so wait and see what others say before following my advice.

Korben
07-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Sorry about that, I'll make sure to from now on.

My dad called the dealership and they want like, $400 to change the ignition cylinder and the ignition switch. Is changing the switch hard? The cylinder just takes time(;crap ) to change...

Tank
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
make sure your gear shift is all the way up. Same thing happened to me about 3 months aago. Spent like 200 bucks on new cylinder and keys and still didnt work. Took it to a shade tree mechanic and he just pushed my gear shift up kinda hard and that did it until I got a chance to get it fixed. Try that before you spend the money on a cylinder.