Rough Idleing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rough Idleing

Jake
07-04-2007, 09:06 PM
This is regarding my old Se. I know there are a lot of threads on this but I'm pretty sure I have it narrowed down to a fuel problem. Note, it never idle'd like this until after it sat for a few months. The car takes a few seconds to turn over, and when it does it chugs a little, and after you give it gas a few times it will idle still a tiny bit rough, but its pretty much fine. My moms bf is a car guy and he says its a fuel problem. He recommends usin some fuel injector cleaner and seein what happens. The car has a brand new battery, brand new alt. and brand new plugs/wires.

sudden_impulse
07-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator (FPR)? That can make for some bad idling at startup.

drakesrevenge
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
i had a rough idle last summer, i replaced the maf sensor and it took care of the problem.

Jake
07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Hmm, Ill have to look into both things, My sister put some injector cleaner in it about 3-4 days ago Ill see her tonight, have to see how it went and see if it helped.

Jake
07-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Well my sister just got here and she says the car hasnt had a single problem since using the injector cleaner :). So hopefully problem solved :D