Car won't start...think its security related. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start...think its security related.

01gagton18s
07-07-2007, 09:52 PM
So this is the second time this has happened, the first time was about five months ago. My car won't start but the battery is fine and it is getting plenty of fuel. The first time it happened I checked the usual things and everything seemed fine but it sill wasn't starting so I had it towed to a shop and had them take a look at it. They said it was a security related problem and the car wasn't recognizing my key, or something like that. He said all he had to do was reset the pcm and then the car started. So I was wanting to know how to do that at my house. I tried disconnecting the negative battery cable, but that didn't work. Thanks for the help.

BrumrDan
07-07-2007, 10:02 PM
is the red security light coming on, and blinking? (on the dashboard (instrument panel cluster, above the tach?)

01gagton18s
07-08-2007, 07:58 PM
yeah it was, but never mind I started reading the owners manual and I found how to fix the problem really fast. Sorry for posting before I actually had time to find an answer.

cheetoh
07-14-2007, 10:47 PM
What was the Problem?

lvemy3100
07-14-2007, 11:00 PM
security learn needed to be done as a result of a faulty ignition component

drakesrevenge
07-17-2007, 10:34 AM
this problem with the security system is very common with n-bodies, and will not go away. go to a remote starter shop and have them bypass the security feature, i had mine done 8 months ago and haven't had the problem since. gm won't admit there is a problem and won't do anything to help. i think i spent $65 getting mine bypassed, believe me, it's worth it. mine was getting to where it was doing it at least once a day, its a real pain in the ass when you've gotta get somewhere and have to wait 10 minutes for your car to start.