Question regarding ALT or BAT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding ALT or BAT

drumking1721
07-09-2007, 04:15 PM
K heres the deal,i had my car broken into last friday, got a car alarm installed the same day. Got my new window retinted today. As i was driving home (its been 90+ here in kzoo) the battery light chimed on. Im wondering if this car alarm has put my battery over the edge,or if its the altenator(which i dont think it is) Whent he light came on, i shut the AC off and radio. And then the light when off a few seconds later. Is this something i should worry about? I mean another thing i am thinking is my power steering pump is being off and theres fluid near the belt. Im wondering if the fluid is getting on the belt and affecting the belt when it drives the Alt. any ideas? new battery? or bad alt? thanks

drumking1721
07-09-2007, 04:19 PM
also another bit of information. I have two autometer gauges,high speed fan switch,radar,4 aftermarket speakers,deck....hopefully this all helps in the puzzle

sudden_impulse
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Bring your car into a nearby Autozone or similar place, they should be able to check your alt out. As for the alarm being too much for the system, take it to the place that installed it and ask them if it's screwing with your charging system.