What to choose... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What to choose...

crazypontiac03
07-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Well Folks, Im am going to be forced to sell my 06 Dodge Ram, and Camper due to getting married and buying a home next year.

Now before all say keep the truck. Its really not likely. With the cost of the payment,Fuel, Not to mention what her Student loan payment will be and a mortage, On top of a wedding.

Anyway selling the camper will pretty much cancel out 80% of the negative equity in the Ram. Plus Cash i have so.. I have started looking and intend to buy come end of Aug,Sept here is my choice's thus far:

1. Mazda 3
2. Cobalt
3. 08 Lancer
4. 08 Nissan Sentra
5. Ford Fusion- As long as its 0% and 2k Cash back, come year end close
6. G6-As long as its 0% and 2k Cash back, come year end close

Your thoughs and suggestion's Please.

Keep the flame **** to yourselfs, im on a Budget of right around 20k to lower my payment by 100-150 Bucks.

Mirage85
07-12-2007, 09:12 AM
First, I would drive them all. From the list, I would knock off the Cobalt, I cant stand them, but its personal preference. I would probably go with a Mazda 3 with all that you have to chose from, but the best thing you can do is drive them all and then narrow your choices down. You may love the look of one, but then absolutely hate it after you sit in it and drive it.

Graxall
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Well Folks, Im am going to be forced to sell my 06 Dodge Ram, and Camper due to getting married and buying a home next year.

Now before all say keep the truck. Its really not likely. With the cost of the payment,Fuel, Not to mention what her Student loan payment will be and a mortage, On top of a wedding.

Anyway selling the camper will pretty much cancel out 80% of the negative equity in the Ram. Plus Cash i have so.. I have started looking and intend to buy come end of Aug,Sept here is my choice's thus far:

1. Mazda 3
2. Cobalt
3. 08 Lancer
4. 08 Nissan Sentra
5. Ford Fusion- As long as its 0% and 2k Cash back, come year end close
6. G6-As long as its 0% and 2k Cash back, come year end close

Your thoughs and suggestion's Please.

Keep the flame **** to yourselfs, im on a Budget of right around 20k to lower my payment by 100-150 Bucks.

Well if u wanna roll down the windows, get a fusion or G6..(if your talking 07 brand spanking new). The new sentras are ok but i hate how they look like altimas that have no ballz. The lancer i think migt be a good choice, you could get one pretty much loaded for 20k...Cobalt is nice, you cant get a SS for 20k brand new though so unless ur going used ide say thats out. And the base models are god ugly...Mazda 3's are hot. Ide go hatchback if you get one tho...The non hatchbacks look like they want to be a hatchback and a cobalt at the same time...

Exodus
07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
mazda/lancer

But since your on a tight budget, why dont you just buy used instead of having to monthly payments again or throwing alot of cash out for a brand new car. Then once funds start rolling in better, get a new car you'll really enjoy, that'll be how I would roll in your situation.

TFA
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
G6, i just have a thing for them....im not sure why. Either a G6 or a sentra SE/R

DumpsterDamon
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
drop the bitch and buy a benz...nothin' beats strange *****

Inferno
07-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Nissan Sentra or Mazda 3. Maybe wait a bit as I see a couple of the car companies advertising family pricing again, the rest will always follow

GrandAmGT1996
07-12-2007, 03:43 PM
I would go with either the mazda or the fusion...or get a 10K used car

GrandAmmit
07-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Mazda 3 FTW! Everyone I've heard of that has one loves it. The interior seems really nice too, from the new ones I see at work.

crazypontiac03
07-12-2007, 09:24 PM
There will be no Manual Tran's as the wifey as to be able to drive it. I've thought about going used. BUT with this being getting close to year end. You can usually find 0% vs going used at say 6-7%. You Might save 3k on the sticker but lose it in, interest.

Right now without testing driving any of them. It will be a Fusion,Mazda 3 or a G6. I know dealer's personally at Mazda and Ford, so i can get a better price.However the lancer has my eye also, along with a kick ass warranty.

Im waiting to do anything untill End of Aug/Sept. To try and cash in on year end close out. Its just starting now with ford. Why wait till Aug/Sept Better deals, not to mention i still have a camper to sell.

WeibSunder
07-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Mazda 3

GrandAmmit
07-12-2007, 10:11 PM
There will be no Manual Tran's as the wifey as to be able to drive it. I've thought about going used. BUT with this being getting close to year end. You can usually find 0% vs going used at say 6-7%. You Might save 3k on the sticker but lose it in, interest.

Right now without testing driving any of them. It will be a Fusion,Mazda 3 or a G6. I know dealer's personally at Mazda and Ford, so i can get a better price.However the lancer has my eye also, along with a kick ass warranty.

Im waiting to do anything untill End of Aug/Sept. To try and cash in on year end close out. Its just starting now with ford. Why wait till Aug/Sept Better deals, not to mention i still have a camper to sell.

Mazda 3s come standard with an automatic with a manual mode. :D

Hodge
07-12-2007, 10:12 PM
mazda 3... great car

WeibSunder
07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Correction: If money permits...Mazda Speed 3.

Mirage85
07-13-2007, 07:03 AM

If it makes a difference to you, look at it like this, the Fusion is the Mazda 6, only cheaper, and different looking. They are built on the same frame, as well as the Mercury Milan. However, the Ford and Mercury versions offer AWD without having to shell out $30k for the Mazdaspeed version.

Just something to ponder over.

Correction: If money permits...Mazda Speed 3.

There will be no Manual Tran's as the wifey as to be able to drive it.

DrFabulous
07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Fusion with V6 and AWD.

WeibSunder
07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
But the Mazda 3 is sexy.

cardude007617
07-15-2007, 04:30 AM
ya since u live in IL AWD would be nice with the snow. i sometimes wish my grand am was AWD

Mike Jung
07-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Just something to keep in mind about Mitsubishi in the past:

Mitsubishi - defects (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36736)

PS: How things change :tongue3: lol
Mitsubishi sucks....

:stupid:

crazypontiac03
07-15-2007, 02:48 PM
lol. where the hell did u find that qoute. I've been framed!!!

No it more then likely will either be a Mazda 3, or a G6. Mainly because i can get a really good deal from both.

I've already been told i can probably get a Mazda 3 Touring for around 20k and a G6 for around 17k. (I get a supplier discount on both)

We shall see.

kse73
07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Mazda 3 h/b

Exgf had one.....and I didnt hate it. That says a lot.

Mirage85
07-15-2007, 06:19 PM
lol. where the hell did u find that qoute. I've been framed!!!

No it more then likely will either be a Mazda 3, or a G6. Mainly because i can get a really good deal from both.

I've already been told i can probably get a Mazda 3 Touring for around 20k and a G6 for around 17k. (I get a supplier discount on both)

We shall see.

If you can get a deal on a Mazda 3, then you can probably get a deal on a fusion, since they are stratigic business partners with Mazda. But, thats assuming your getting a supplier discount or something and not have some random guy at the mazda dealer hook you up on the 3.

Pinnacle
07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
The Mazda 3 feels like a tin can too me, and since youve been driving a RAM, I have a feeling you might feel the same way once you drive it. I say G6

WeibSunder
07-15-2007, 07:10 PM
The G6 is too feminine looking, just does not look like a man's car to me. Hell, go with the Fusion.

GregFarz78
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Why not consider a civic? They're reliable, better gas mileage, will last for years, and has great resale so if you have a family in a few years and need something bigger you wont be stuck with a car thats worth thousands less than what you owe owe on it. I would say mazda 3 or G6 but I would definitely buy used in that case they just lose too much value the first 2-3 years let someone else take that hit.

Ajaxus
07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
The G6 is too feminine looking, just does not look like a man's car to me. Hell, go with the Fusion.

feminine you say...

http://i2.tinypic.com/sxf3mb.jpg

waiting for the G6 GXP=FTMFW!

:leg :leg :leg

crazypontiac03
07-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Why not consider a civic? They're reliable, better gas mileage, will last for years, and has great resale so if you have a family in a few years and need something bigger you wont be stuck with a car thats worth thousands less than what you owe owe on it. I would say mazda 3 or G6 but I would definitely buy used in that case they just lose too much value the first 2-3 years let someone else take that hit.

Not a fan, overpriced to begin with.

kse73
07-15-2007, 09:08 PM
feminine you say...

He wants <20k - G6GXP = 84million

crazypontiac03
07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Tomrrow im actaully going to look at a left over 07 vue, Main reason is i can still tow and keep my camper that is already paid for.

He has 3 07's left and has about 20 08's (which were redesigned) so im hoping to get a good deal, since its a left over. We shall see..

GregFarz78
07-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Not a fan, overpriced to begin with.

overpriced :confused: ok if you say so

Mirage85
07-16-2007, 07:59 AM
feminine you say...

But when do we expect to see these.....

crazypontiac03
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I ended up buying a 07 Saturn Vue.. I got a good deal on the trade in and the Vue. I was able to get the vue for 21k. They gave me 21k for the truck. So far im very pleased with it. Along with dropped my payment and insurance as well as fuel..No more 15mpg!! Hello 20's. I forgot what getting 25-30mpg was like. I should be able to save as much as $150-200 a month.

We also don't have to sell the camper now, Vue can tow 3500lbs which is nice since we enjoy it. Not to mention its paided for.

Yes for you AWD Fan's it is AWD. Pretty much loaded.. Saturn kinda surpised me.

I know its based off the Chevy Noix and Pontiac Torrent, But the saturn looks the best.