Wire Issue Under Driver Seat [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wire Issue Under Driver Seat

slickjoe
07-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Well Under My driver seat, i noticed a snapped Black wire (with two wires connected together running side by side) in the right rear/sideish area of the driver seat on the right side (right by where the seatbelt clips in). Anyone know what this wire is/does? I can really use help ASAP because I have to take my car in for an inspection, my tags expire in less than 2 weeks. Thanks

slickjoe
07-17-2007, 12:59 AM
To be more specific, if you were sitting in the rear seat right behind the driver seat, it would be on the right side of the driver seat (side that meets with the center of the car.)it isn't just one wire, its two black wires connected and running together. its in the rear/sidish area of the driver seat, if you were sitting in the driver seat, it would be on your right. like i said, where it snapped is right wear the seatbelt clips into the clip thing (whatever its called). I moved the seat up and down, it still has power there. Anyone know/have any ideas what this wire is?

iceman
07-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Hmm.. well here's my floor w/ no seats, 2001 and power seat, I don't remember seeing that... the thing that senses if the seatbelt is plugged in or not should be part of the harness laying there

http://www.ice8420.com/displayimage.php?album=29&pos=58

slickjoe
07-17-2007, 03:37 AM
Ok, I just looked, a wire which is connected to a connector under the seat which runs to where the seatbelt clips into is snapped. Any idea what it's means are? Will I pass a DMV inspection with it broken?

iceman
07-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Does your seatbelt light work? I have never seen anyone dip their nose under a seat ever before... I wouldn't worry

slickjoe
07-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Nah lol, i drove around with it unbuckled, it didn't make the beep noise nor did the light come on. i might be screwed.