No manual control of parking lights/tail lights & dash lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : No manual control of parking lights/tail lights & dash lights

Mike Jung
07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Help, pls.

My ALC works for for all the lights on at night.

But yesterday:
Driving in the tunnels of downtown Chicago I was using my headlight/Parking light switch manually.
But it felt funny (was not clicking into place like it usually does). I thought it was just all the humidity. So I was flicking it up & down through the 3 settings (off, parking lights, headlights).

Came back to my car in the parking garage:
The headlight/Parking switch feels normal.
But no lights come on at the parking light setting.
On the headlights setting: on the headlights come on. No orange lights up front or tail lights, licence plate light, or even the dash lights
But when I put down my parking brake: The ALC commands everything to come on ok.

The stock remote makes the parking lights flash ok when locking/unlocking.
The brake & signal lights, & reverse lights work fine.

Did I break the headlight/parking control switch on the stalk, or did I blow a fuse ?

Now off to Walmart to find a fuse tester & a assortment of fuses.
(I left all my tools, multimeter, fuses at home :( )
I hope it is just a simple fuse.

Thanks, in advance.

PS: It sucks to be worrying about your car, when visiting from out-of-country :crying:

If anyone knows for sure, what fuse it could be; because it has happened to them.
Give me a call or text at: +1-224-xxx-xxxx.
(As I won't have much access to the forum, or the internet.)

Sprucegagt
07-19-2007, 01:15 PM
I doubt it's a fuse. Instead it sounds like the switch on the stalk has gone bad.

Mike Jung
07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Yup, it seems to be the stalk has gone bad :(

Checked all the fuses, & no luck.

tido_29
08-24-2007, 03:25 PM
I have the same problem.. What was your issue?

Mike Jung
08-24-2007, 08:32 PM
It was my multi-function switch assembly.
The device on top of the steering wheel with the headlight stalk & wiper stalk switches.

A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO Lab Rat (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/member.php?u=10079) / Craig of Kenosha, WI for helping me out.
Buying the part for me from AutoZone in Kenosha, WI; when AutoZone in Antioch, IL didn't have stock.
& for changing out the old one, & installing the new one for me.

PS: AutoZone is alot cheaper (money $$$ wise), than the NAPA version of the multi-function switch assembly.