Problem with HIDs on Fog Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with HIDs on Fog Lights

01GT18s
07-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello, I'm having a problem with my fog lights, I installed 12000k HIDs on the headlamps and fog lights. Im just having problems with the fog lights, when the car is idle, the right fog light starts flashing (like strobes), but when i accelerate the car a little it works fine. Also the left fog light, looks whiter and does not illuminate the same like the right one. I barely have a week with them, and they weren't giving me any problems. I did change the stock 10amp fuse, and installed a 30amp. But that is all i did. The reason i changed it is because the 10amp would only resist one foglight and not both. What could the problem be? Has anyone had this problem?

pyro
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
your first problem is going with HIDs as fogs, your second is going with 12000k. are you looking to have no output and annoy everyone you drive by? **** much?
please dont tell me you are running them on the stock wiring! there is no way they can support HIDS, and your problems are from doing so. the one looks brighter because it is, and is drawing the power from the other, and when you accelerate, it is pushing the tiniest bit out to power the second one better.
try again and do it right, run a relay on thicker wiring. :nono:

01GT18s
07-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but I never taught i would of need to change wiring and the relay. But where can i get the harness and what exactly do I need? Also what relay can I get that would be stronger? Thank You a lot in advance.

pyro
07-20-2007, 11:40 AM
if you bought a decent set of lights, it should have come with wiring for hookup...if not, go buy a cheap set of fogs from autozone or something with the wiring included, it is twice as thick as the OEM wiring and is fused.

Mirage85
07-20-2007, 01:24 PM
your first problem is going with HIDs as fogs, your second is going with 12000k.

Neither of which is a problem, its person preference, and everyone likes different things.

How are your HIDs hooked up in the fogs? I would surprised if they didnt include any type of wiring harness. If not, I would contact the place you bought them, or the manufacturer.

01GT18s
07-20-2007, 06:35 PM
The Hids on my fog lights are connected as follows: The OEM wiring connects to the ballast and the bulb is connected to the ballast. But i did not change any wiring.

01GT18s
07-20-2007, 09:31 PM
How can I change all the wiring? From where to where does it run?

ryanbgb22
07-20-2007, 11:30 PM
like pyro said, go buy a cheap set of foglights from walmart, take out the harness, throw the foglights off a bridge and hook up the hids using the newly aquired harness. This is what i did to set up my hids in the regular headlights.

01GT18s
07-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Ok, looks like I'll do it today. Thank you guys.