Pics of O2 Sensor location? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Pics of O2 Sensor location?

GTluver
07-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Well I had the "check engine" light for some weeks now and it bothered me so much so I decided to scan it in and Auto Zone says I need to replace 02 sensor "#2".

They are fairly easy to install, but since we have 4(not 100% sure) sensors, which one is #2? Any pics by chance?

I have TOGS AND SLP system if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

coupe
07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
There are 2 O2 sensors, 1 in the rear header and one in/just before the cat.

Having installed headers and a catback and being down there im suprised you didnt know this.

99gav6
07-20-2007, 05:04 PM
wouldnt the second be behind the cat? cause before doesnt really make sense, although i dont know what the slp setup looks like myself

iceman
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Lay down on ground. Look towards cat. Observe wires coming out of o2 sensor #2, only thing in the area.

coupe
07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
wouldnt the second be behind the cat? cause before doesnt really make sense, although i dont know what the slp setup looks like myself

Honestly i forget, its been along time since ive seen a stock cat on a GA ya know? lol

Like iceman said, its gonna be the only wire in the area, cant miss it.

99gav6
07-20-2007, 05:25 PM
true true, i was just like huh....is that how the slp's are made?...its all clear now though.. ya it wasn't to long ago i was rockin the stocker and all thats down there is pipe, heat shield, and a wire so theres really no way to mess that up :) , good luck with everything though

Sprucegagt
07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Just to top things off. We have only 2 O2 sensors, not 4.

coupe
07-20-2007, 05:48 PM
true true, i was just like huh....is that how the slp's are made?...its all clear now though.. ya it wasn't to long ago i was rockin the stocker and all thats down there is pipe, heat shield, and a wire so theres really no way to mess that up :) , good luck with everything though

I dont have a rear O2 sensor, my whole exhuast is custom, headers all the way to the tips.

GTluver
07-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Just to top things off. We have only 2 O2 sensors, not 4.

yea tahts what I thought also but thats what the autozone guy told me.....goes to show how much they know sometimes.......thnx for the replies....ill tackle the job tomorrow afternoon.......might as well do an oil, oil/air filter change while down there