abs light/steering [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : abs light/steering

XtremeGaGt00
07-22-2007, 03:54 PM
got a weird one...i got the abs light coming on occasionally, (probably just the wheel bearing hub assemble) the steering gets REALLY loose and is super easy to steer, should be alot tighter...anyone kno why it does this, it only happens when the abs light is on...maybe it increases power steering pressure...no clue?

normal
07-23-2007, 04:40 AM
try checking the variable assist steering actuator electrical connector. just look at the power steering pump, the go horizontally left, and it is almost behind that pulley (looking at the belt side of the engine) i had an abs light after i had the lim redone and the dummy forgot to plug it in, but tried to claim that the abs light was on when i brought it in.

ryanbgb22
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Im having this problem right now. Can anyone make this any clearer, and/or give me any more advice?

NorKoastal
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Im having this problem right now. Can anyone make this any clearer, and/or give me any more advice? Just chiming in that I had this issue as well... Something with the ABS system must have a direct effect on steering.. I would have the hub checked out/replaced to get your brakes back..

My issue was caused by my 3rd brake light being unplugged in combo with my LED brakerlights.. Something about the current must have an effect on other systems.. As soom as I plugged the light in and cleaned my hub plugs all was well..

It would be nice to bypass this side effect though since loose steering is not safe during the wet months.

ryanbgb22
01-11-2008, 08:51 PM
yea....this is prob my issue then. I got led tails/ brakes, and im pretty sure all the bulbs in my third brake light are burned out. THanks for the input

AleroME
01-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Yea the ABS system and steering are tied into together. The steering does go loose when the ABS light is on. Don't ask me why its tied together but it is.