stereo problem NO SOUND!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : stereo problem NO SOUND!!

2fas4u
07-24-2007, 06:21 PM
i have an 01 gt with the monsoon system. ive installed an alpine headunit but have no sound. i have a wire run to the fuse box for turn on and everything else is hooked up the way it should be(i have memory) but i dont have any sound. do i need to power the factory amp somehow to get sound? i have the cheap harness( i dont need chimes) and am wondering if one of the two wires from the harness i bought that are unused needs to be hooked up. the wires have no power ignition on or off so are one of those to be hooked to the blue remote wire from the deck? PLEASE HELP

windows get tinted this week and rims next week. will twentys fit with 245/35/20 tires?

cardude007617
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
well your problem is the 3rd sentence. u run a wire from the monsoon turn on to the fuse box. im not even gonna read anymore of it

BrumrDan
07-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Is this guy for real??? I actually thougt i was the less automotival inclined person here till i read this, there should be a "hot wire" that runs on your sound, or a remote wire to turn it on.. Do you have power to the HU or not... are you playing through the monsoon amp? or did u run new cable to the speakers? do you have a Haynes manual, and did u look at the wiring for radio schematics..sounds like u got big problems, hope you got enough wire & patience to do it all over again..

i have an 01 gt with the monsoon system. ive installed an alpine headunit but have no sound. i have a wire run to the fuse box for turn on and everything else is hooked up the way it should be(i have memory) but i dont have any sound. do i need to power the factory amp somehow to get sound? i have the cheap harness( i dont need chimes) and am wondering if one of the two wires from the harness i bought that are unused needs to be hooked up. the wires have no power ignition on or off so are one of those to be hooked to the blue remote wire from the deck? PLEASE HELP

windows get tinted this week and rims next week. will twentys fit with 245/35/20 tires?

2fas4u
07-25-2007, 11:43 AM
well after more and more reading in the forum i found that i did need power to the monsoon amp. i did this by finding the thread with the pin descriptions and and found it to be E 10. traced that back up to the factory harness and modified the harness i bought to plug right in so i wouldnt have to do any splicing. all works and is sounding better than ever. thanks for the help guys!!