Whats the Problem?? Need Help Please! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Problem?? Need Help Please!

GAGTaction
07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Alright....my car has been acting up for the past month or so. (01 GT) First, it doesnt want to start up on the first try, and cranks over a few times before it actually starts up. I did research, and figured it was passlock related, so I get a new ignition cylinder. This ends up not fixing it, as sometimes I have to crank it over as much as 8-10 times before it fires up. And also, when it is cranking, the locks intermittenly lock/unlock, and different lights on my panel light up (such as Trac Off, Battery, Security etc.) However, when I do get my car to start, these lights turn off. And lastly, my car has twice simply stalled out while driving, forcing me to pull over and re-start it. So now I am thinking fuel pump (I just changed fuel filter). But does anyone have any ideas or has had this problem?? please help!

ebilartninja
07-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I'm having the exact same problem with my 97 Grand Am GT. It sucks....

Are these the same symptoms you have? (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69992) Are these the same symptoms you have? That's all that I have....

normal
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
i would check your connections to the battery, it sounds like it may be a loose cable or ground. Make sure your terminals are cleana nd not all corroded. I had something similar happen and the inside of the battery terminal was cracked and i had to make the bolts extra tight on the battery to get a good connection. What i did was put the key in the ignition (off position) and the door chime rings if the door is open, then tightened the battery cable until it had a solid connection and the door chime wasn't intermittent anymore

GAGTaction
07-31-2007, 10:39 AM
well i finally gave in and just took it to the dealership, and im just going to have them figure it all out. ill keep you posted