is it possible that i dont have a security system [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : is it possible that i dont have a security system

ryanbgb22
08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
From what i read on here, I understand that all grand am's came with the stock security system/ alarm/ passlock thing. My car has the remote to unlock the doors and that like most other people have, however, i have never heard the alarm go off. I was wondering about this today so i tried locking my car with the remote with the windows down and then opening the door from the inside and there was still no alarm. Is it possible that the previous owner would have had the alarm disabled or am i missing something?

Mike Jung
08-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe because the '99-05 GA's from the factory, stock DON'T have an alarm system built-in.

Mendoza
08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
The anti-theft system which is called passlock II prevents your vehicle from being hot wired. That is the only anti-theft system your car has. If your looking for a alarm that is going to cover your doors hood trunk etc. Look into a aftermarket alarm. I have never ran across a GA with a OEM alarm.

onesexyga
08-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah, the red 'alarm' button on your fob is just a panic button. Your car doesnt actually have an alarm.

ryanbgb22
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
ok, thanks, i've always understood it/thought that grand am's do have a stock alarm. That explains alot.