Stuttering [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering

GMFreak
08-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey guys and girls...

First time this has happened to me and I'm guessing the weather is playing a part, since it rained all night and is really wet and muggy today. My Grand Am has to sit outside because the Convertible gets the garage.

This morning I started my car and it started right up. Well, when I got it out on the street and accelerated it stuttered pretty bad. So I stepped on it a little harder and when I reached about 4k rpms it smoothed out. It happened until I hit 200F on the temp gauge and then it ran fine. I'm guessing it's just moisture in the wires or something which I am planning on changing soon since they haven't been replaced yet. Plugs and fuel filter were done about 6 months ago.

What do you think?

I have the 3.4L

Thanks

stewartfn18
08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Ive never heard anything like that before, but just a suggestion, never beat the hell out of your car until it is at operating temp.. its not good for the engine.

torq455
08-10-2007, 09:01 PM
or the tranny. remember, metal is more brittle when cold, and oil won't flow very well.

GMFreak
08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
yes yes, I know. I only did it twice and it was at about 140-160. It wasn't a beating either, I just ran it up that high to see if I could get it to straighten out.

Hasn't happened again though. Maybe it was just a weird 1 time thing.