Cai/Iat [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cai/Iat

PhantomLover007
08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
This might be a rehash, but I tried to search for it. Is it a must to get the IAT extension for the CAI? I saw it on PFYC and was wondering since I'm getting ready to order a CAI.

silvergtjrad
08-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Nay, it will reach comfortably. The extension is made for moving the IAT further downstream in the intake. The MAF needs an extension more than the IAT.

cardude007617
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
i just cut the like zip ties like directly over the engine and that gave me the little slack i needed; still holds the wires just fine too.
which cai are u going with

lvemy3100
08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
as said above there is no need for extensions for any of the wires

for the maf wires you just open the plastic clamp around the wire loom at the tb/intake manifold.. pull the loom/wires closer to the maf and the close the clamp again... you will now have PLENTY of slack and there wont be any strain on anything.

takes a whole extra 10 seconds if you have a flat head screwdriver handy

ENJOY ;)

cardude007617
08-06-2007, 07:55 PM

for the maf wires you just open the plastic clamp around the wire loom at the tb/intake manifold.. pull the loom/wires closer to the maf and the close the clamp again... you will now have PLENTY of slack and there wont be any strain on anything.

ENJOY ;)

oh crap i cut mine haha. oh well, it still works just fine.

WeibSunder
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM

ENJOY ;)

Frick! Really? Mine are still strained, I'm going to have to do that tomorrow. I just thought I was screwed and hope to God that they don't rip out.