Passlock opinions please.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Passlock opinions please....

intmd8r
08-15-2007, 05:35 PM
So after owning my '03GAGT for little over a month, the Passlock system acts up on my car. This is a major piss-off, but thankfully I've found the Passlock re-learn procedure in my search this afternoon:applause: Now that I have my car running again, I [I]know[I] that it will be only a matter of time before I get stuck again. I've searched more on the subject, and I need some advice from members who have been here before:

1. I've heard some horror story of hte Passlock re-learn procedure does have a limit of how many time it can be used before the BCM has to be replaced. Truth or Fiction?

2. The one method of the Passlock bypass that I've read consist of cutting the Passlock yellow wire while the car is running. The question that i have is there anyone out there who has done this method, and driven the car on a daily bassis, for 6 months or more wihtout problems?

Panacea
08-15-2007, 05:53 PM
So after owning my '03GAGT for little over a month, the Passlock system acts up on my car. This is a major piss-off, but thankfully I've found the Passlock re-learn procedure in my search this afternoon:applause: Now that I have my car running again, I [I]know[I] that it will be only a matter of time before I get stuck again. I've searched more on the subject, and I need some advice from members who have been here before:

1. I've heard some horror story of hte Passlock re-learn procedure does have a limit of how many time it can be used before the BCM has to be replaced. Truth or Fiction?

2. The one method of the Passlock bypass that I've read consist of cutting the Passlock yellow wire while the car is running. The question that i have is there anyone out there who has done this method, and driven the car on a daily bassis, for 6 months or more wihtout problems?

You sure it's the computer and not your key & or ignition cylinder?

Malaclypse
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
1. False

You can relearn the security system as many times as is necessary. Nine out of ten times the problem is the passlock sensor. Good idea to get a new key then too.

Can't help you with #2 because I fix these problems for a living.

intmd8r
08-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the input thus far...

I'm glad that someone was able to confirm for me #1. There is a lot of usefull stuff on the internet, but there is al ot of BS as well. I'm new to the GA scene, and just wanted an expert opioion. I am not totally convinced that my problem is restricted to just the competer, but for $500.00 CDN, I can't really aford to replace the ignition lock at this time. Besides, the car runs as normal after I did the Passslock re-learn, but for how long....