Intake sensor question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Intake sensor question

Grand_Damn
08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
so i got my AEM intake today and installed it...but while doing so i accidentally broke this off (getting it on almost killed me):
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/107/picturepa0.th.jpg (http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picturepa0.jpg)

the actual sensor wasn't damaged but i was wondering if not having that might cause a issue (ie. chances of crap to hit it)....

and if it's better to just change it out, does anyone know what the part # is...

thanks.

EDIT - NEW ISSUES: So i tried to turn on the car...nothing starts...brought in the battery to Shucks and found out that the battery was dead. So i bought me another one.

Get home, put in the new battery....same crap. All i get is a click then dead silence. And if i go to the "ON" position, it either just pops up with all the lights or the "service engine" light flickers like crazy.

And when in the "on" position, anytime i try to turn something (either the window, A/C or start the car, it dies out (the dome light dies out)...also in this position, the radio is totally off (never came on once).

Is the new battery possibly bad too or is there something else that happened.

...why is it anytime i change something on my car, something else screws up in the process....WTF.

cardude007617
08-16-2007, 04:27 PM
id i am correct, the IAT is a very inexpensive part; like 7 bucks right??

Mike Jung
08-16-2007, 05:49 PM
IMO, check the new battery out.
& maybe return it, for another one.

It might not be charged, or is bad.
The longer the battery sits in the store/warehouse: the less charged it will be.

Last week when I bought a new car battery:
Check the manufacturer date stamp on the battery, & get the newest. Mine was made in 06/07; so 2-months old.
Check the voltage on the battery. Mine was 12.69V at the store (I brought along my digital multimeter with me).
Clean the battery terminal connections, before hooking up the new battery.
Re-charge the new battery before using ! Even though it read at 12.69V; it still took a 20-minute charge on my automatic 12amp-hour battery charger.
(This will mean less strain on the alternator.)

Grand_Damn
08-16-2007, 05:50 PM
i found something about the keyless entry could cause it. and to try putting it into the 'on' position for 10 minutes then try it again... still nothing.

cardude007617
08-16-2007, 05:54 PM
i found something about the keyless entry could cause it. and to try putting it into the 'on' position for 10 minutes then try it again... still nothing.

oh, you mean the relearn procedure or somethin right? hmmmm are your battery terminals from the car clean? a poor contact with the battery could screw up starting. my positive was a lil coroded and i cleaned it off and everything seemed to work a lil better afterwards. just givin ya somethin else to check; i know how annoying it is when you think you've checked everything and still can't figure out what it is.

Grand_Damn
08-16-2007, 07:21 PM
hah...brought the battery back and found that it was good. they said to check for shorts or the bat. terminal connector.

so i wiggled everything in there. i also supercleaned the bat connector, which i found alot 0f corrosion in the red rubber piece...it was hard but i got as much off as i could.

i wasnt exoecting it to start...but it did...awesome.

cardude007617
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
thats good you got it goin again. so it was the corrosion on the positive huh?

Grand_Damn
08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
yup...

and i was able to go out and get back home with no issues from either the battery or the IAT sensor.

oh yeah, thanks for the tips everyone.