Issues with A/C & Heat - fluctuating temp (Help!) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Issues with A/C & Heat - fluctuating temp (Help!)

08-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Anyone ever have this problem? I'll have the A/C on all the way cold and all the sudden the heat would come on full blast. If I turn the temp knob up one or two notches and right back to max a/c, the temp would return to the cool setting. It used to be when going around sharp corners it would do this, but it is more frequent now. The dealer says since I have quite a few miles on the car, (136K) it could be a number of things and quite a chunk of change to figure it out. Anyone have this problem or know a good place to start looking? Thanks a bunch!

BTW, had heater fan resistor replaced recently - 1 & 2 fan were not working - this problem seemingly subsided slightly, though it should have nothing to do with the above problem....

silvergtjrad
08-17-2007, 07:52 PM
You have an 8 year old car with 136k miles on it. I wouldnt bother spending any money trying to get the ac working unless it can be done for less than $50.

08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
You have an 8 year old car with 136k miles on it. I wouldnt bother spending any money trying to get the ac working unless it can be done for less than $50.

I do agree with you, however, this car needs to last me another year. I have a few connections w/ mechanics, so if I can get the parts myself and have them hook me up, I think it will save me in the long run.
BTW, the A/C works, and so does the heat, they just lose their temp. In the winter, the heat will go out and go cool, in the summer, the heat comes on. I dont get it. A suggestion was made that there might be a short in the switch or a vacuum issue. :crazy:

08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
bump

No one's heard of this or can give me an idea of where to start looking?