Build date?... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Build date?...

2003SCT
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Just wondering if there is a good place on the GA to find out what the build date is/was? Or even the week/month?
Maybe a decal or plate that has this....?

Anybody know?

CHRIS

AaronGTR
08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Good question. I can't find anything in my vin number or rpo codes for a build date, and I know there's nothing on the other stickers on the car. Nothing on my original window sticker either. They usually didn't sit on lots too long though so I'd say a safe bet is 1-4 months before the car was sold new.

badboy2451
08-20-2007, 11:31 PM
hmm i know i have seen this on my car before, i believe mine was late 98 since its a 99 model. Maybe on the opposite side of the spare tire cover in the trunk??....im sure iceman can point you in the right direction

scotiez
08-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Mine is on the drivers door. It only tells me the month it was built in though. How ever when i bought my car the sales man ran a build sheet and it had the exact date on that.

Ajaxus
08-21-2007, 04:59 AM
I'm with scott..not looking at my car, but I thought this info was on the driver's side door??

Sprucegagt
08-21-2007, 07:18 AM
It is on the drivers door along with a bunch of other information.

stewartfn18
08-21-2007, 07:36 AM
yea i beleive its on the sticker with all of the tire info on it. if not, there should be another sticker there somewhere.

lone_wolf025
08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Then again, some of us don't have the driver's side sticker anymore.

If there's not a sticker you could probably call up a dealer and have them look up your VIN or something.

bigbenSC
08-21-2007, 03:37 PM
You'd be amazed by how many parts have some sort of date on them. while they won't tell you the exact date your car was built they can help you narrow it down. I've seen date codes on radios, gauge clusters, HVAC controls, wire harnesses, and bumper covers.

AaronGTR
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
...I can't find anything in my vin number or rpo codes for a build date...

If there's not a sticker you could probably call up a dealer and have them look up your VIN or something.

Unless they can look up the build sheet by vin number it won't do anything for them. I don't know how long they keep those kinds of records though. They might not be able to access them anymore for out of production cars. The vin itself doesn't have that info in it. My rpo code book has a break down of the vin number.

Malaclypse
08-21-2007, 10:48 PM
VIS sheets ran from the VIN of a vehicle are good back to at least 1998 with most of the information present. This includes RPOs and usually a DOB.