anybody with torque specs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : anybody with torque specs

1/2dolla
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
No luck with a search for rotor replace or caliper torque specs so I ask here for your expertise

I decided to go with new raybestos pg plus rotors, good reviews all over the net on these. Matched them with a set of the Performance Friction Carbon Metallics as those also get a high rating from alot of users.

So the question is what are the torque specs for the caliper bolts and the caliper bracket bolts? Closes thing I could find was The Corvette mod, but that was on a 99 model where I have a 2001 GT1. So instead of guessing they are the same, I hope you can say for sure.

Thanks

drumking1721
08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
i believe its 108 or 118 in/lbs

stewartfn18
08-24-2007, 09:19 AM
guteentite(good and tight)

Sprucegagt
08-24-2007, 09:54 AM
No luck with a search for rotor replace or caliper torque specs so I ask here for your expertise

I decided to go with new raybestos pg plus rotors, good reviews all over the net on these. Matched them with a set of the Performance Friction Carbon Metallics as those also get a high rating from alot of users.

So the question is what are the torque specs for the caliper bolts and the caliper bracket bolts? Closes thing I could find was The Corvette mod, but that was on a 99 model where I have a 2001 GT1. So instead of guessing they are the same, I hope you can say for sure.

Thanks

They are the same spec.

drumking1721
08-24-2007, 12:18 PM
guteentite(good and tight)

You gotta be careful with that. I got a retard friend who goes by that. He tends to ruin everything he tightens because it breaks.....snug is the way to go

AaronGTR
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
front disc brakes-
brake hose to caliper bolt: 40 lb/ft
caliper bleeder valve: 115 lb/in
caliper bracket to knuckle bolt: 85 lb/ft
caliper to bracket mounting bolt: 23 lb/ft

rear disc brakes-
brake hose to caliper bolt: 37 lb/ft
caliper bleeder valve: 98 lb/in
caliper bracket to knuckle bolt: 85 lb/ft
caliper to bracket mounting bolt: 81 lb/ft

That's everything.

1/2dolla
08-27-2007, 07:53 AM
ok thanks, finished rotor pad r/r no problems and can say the new parts are a very noticable improvment over stock. Very smooth braking again from all speeds. Those stock rotors are the worst. had the last 2 sets replaced while under the 3yr/36k but now since that 2nd pair felt warped and wasnt too long before those got real bad I said time to go to a different brand, so I'm Happy with them.

If anyone is interested it was a 12mm socket for the caliper bolts and a 1/2" socket for the caliper bracket bolts. Use a short breaker bar and about 60 to 90 minutes. Turning the wheels also helps with more room to get torque on the bolts if you are muscle challenged like me.