Wheel hub assembly [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wheel hub assembly

NewFit01
08-30-2007, 04:07 PM
How hard is it if i were to replace my own wheel hub assembly. Is it like a bolt off, bolt on part or is it more complicated. Some please give me some info!

Lab Rat
08-31-2007, 06:12 AM
Not bad at all. It will take the afternoon if you have not done it before. You will need a 36 mm socket (IIRC) for the wheel hub nut. And lots of PB blaster to get the frozen parts loose. I do know that Tires Plus wanted a fortune to do the repair so I learned how myself. I will be around all weekend if you are gonna try this. The haynes manual will help some if you have one of those.

I don't usually check this site on the weekends but I will to see if you respond. Get back to me if I can help. I should also have most or all the tools you need.

BTW, I did not know there was any other Kenosha people on the site.

Craig

NewFit01
09-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Dude I have two other people helping me, Im prolly gonna be doing it some time next week. I know i dont know who u r lol, but if u wanna give me a number or something i could call you if i run into problems or for help. Or even if you u wanna stop by and check it out that'll be cool as a fellow pontiac owner

Thanks,
Austin

brim
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
hubs are are pretty easy, grab a 3 jaw puller (part #27078) I believe from Autozone as a rental, and a 36 mm axle nut socket, "could" be smaller?"

remove the caliper and caliper bracket bolts, hang caliper out of the way and hold brake pads aside. You're now at the assembly, remove the axle nut, disconnect the abs sensor, now work on the three back bolts that secure the hub assembly remove and replace and you're done =p easy right?

gaowners32
03-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Is there a how to for this?

2002_AWhiteGT1
03-05-2008, 03:51 PM
HOW TO:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15474