Anyone else ever find a bolt behind ther t-stat... lol [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever find a bolt behind ther t-stat... lol

The_Wraith
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey thought I would share this with you guys…

About 3-4 weeks ago, I change the Anti-freeze in my 04 GA v6.

Since the book says you have to remove the t-state so you can flush it with a garden house, I also bought a new t-stat (why put the old one back in)

Man, that bottom bolt on the t-stat housing was a PITA to get out… took me hours to remove it with a open end wrench…but I refused to take the throttle body off (because then I would have to remove the coolant lines going to it, and get a new gasket ect..)
So I finally got it off…

Any way, guess what I found behind the t-stat when I pulled it out of the block?

Another T-stat housing bolt… yep, it was just sitting in the t-stat opening, behind the t-stat, I know it was a t-stat bolt because it was the same as the other 2 (just dis-colored from being in the coolant)

Now, I’m thinking this had to be in there from the factory…

Other then that the change went good, I was able to remove the front block drain plug, but the back one was imposable to get to… but I sprayed a lot of water in there…lol I made sure it was running clear, and then some…

I re-filled with distilled water and prestone extend life (dex-cool) type coolant..

Btw- my car only has 54k on it, but I’m anal about maintance… I’m getting ready to drop my trans pan, and replace the filter again and filler up with more Mobil 1 ATF, I did it last summer @ 30k.

Tank
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
WOW, all I can say is WOW.