Mitzys stage2 or 3500 top end swap [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Mitzys stage2 or 3500 top end swap

williamGT
09-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Hey I don't know what to get later on, milzys stage2 engine kit or 3500 to end swap. just looking for more power, and later when I do this mod I wanna slap an eaton supercharger on.

thanks

silvergtjrad
09-02-2007, 09:44 AM
The stage 2 setup will definitely give you more power, but the 3500 top end has more potential. Get the 3500 top swap, and go with a cam from the 60*v6 store.

drumking1721
09-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Im sure the 3500 swap is cheaper to do also...

mfuller
09-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Whichever you decide, you MUST have a way to tune the car.....if you just bolt on the parts without tuning, you'll likely be disappointed with the result.

Ajaxus
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Well iirc his stage 2 (it's miLzy btw, lol) is an N/A setup, although milzy does sell some cam's designed for boosted setups..no idea on what the gains are with them though.

personally i think the 3500 has the higher potential, you will definitely be doing alot of tuning, but with the supercharger you'll get more out of the 3500 in the long run imo.

XtremeGaGt00
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
orr......do the work yourself and buy some stock 3400 heads and intakes and port them yourself...its not hard, jusst time consuming...i did exactley that...ONLY...lol my heads are ported and my lower intake isnt...ran a p.b of 15.3 with just a dhp pcm and other mods in sig and 93000 on the bottom end

lvemy3100
09-02-2007, 03:55 PM
orr......do the work yourself and buy some stock 3400 heads and intakes and port them yourself...its not hard, jusst time consuming...i did exactley that...ONLY...lol my heads are ported and my lower intake isnt...ran a p.b of 15.3 with just a dhp pcm and other mods in sig and 93000 on the bottom end

OR NOT since porting is both an art and a science...

seriously though go to www.60degreev6.com/store (http://www.60degreev6.com/store) as you will be very happy with any/all products you purchase..

XtremeGaGt00
09-02-2007, 03:59 PM
0ok?...and you cant teach yourself to do it with a dial caliper and a couple meaurements?

williamGT
09-02-2007, 10:23 PM
OR NOT since porting is both an art and a science...

seriously though go to www.60degreev6.com/store (http://www.60degreev6.com/store) as you will be very happy with any/all products you purchase..
thanks mark, Im thinking about P&P 3400 or 3500. im suck on a rut. I know with 3500 heads and UIM car need to be tuned.

lvemy3100
09-03-2007, 07:21 AM
0ok?...and you cant teach yourself to do it with a dial caliper and a couple meaurements?

umm... no...

more like countless hours at the flowbench as well as alot of practice which would mean having 1 or more manifolds to port for testing on the flowbench...

again.. not just an art but a SCIENCE.... I really dont mean to sound like a jerk and I am not saying you cant learn but it certainly isnt as easy as picking up a grinder and dial caliper and just going at it...

williamGT- IMO you would do better to stick with ported 3400 parts but you would do best to contact Ben (owner of www.60degreev6/store) and talk it over with him about what would be best for your particular needs/wants...

silvergtjrad
09-03-2007, 10:46 AM
umm... no...

more like countless hours at the flowbench as well as alot of practice which would mean having 1 or more manifolds to port for testing on the flowbench...

again.. not just an art but a SCIENCE.... I really dont mean to sound like a jerk and I am not saying you cant learn but it certainly isnt as easy as picking up a grinder and dial caliper and just going at it...

williamGT- IMO you would do better to stick with ported 3400 parts but you would do best to contact Ben (owner of www.60degreev6/store) and talk it over with him about what would be best for your particular needs/wants...

I think there is some basic porting and polishing you can do without screwing up. Polishing the exhaust ports, combustion chamber, valves, and removing casting flaws are all pretty foolproof. Its when you start grinding away large amounts of material where it can get screwed up. If you are comfortable with it, I think gasket matching the exhaust side is easy as well. Its the intake side of things where you can screw up real bad. Unless you are boosted you need to worry about screwing up the velocity of the air in the intakes.

silvergtjrad
09-03-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks mark, Im thinking about P&P 3400 or 3500. im suck on a rut. I know with 3500 heads and UIM car need to be tuned.

If you are changing heads to ported at all, you need to get tuned. Its not so much that it will run poorly, rather that you wont be getting the full potential out of them. Also, if you actually do put on a supercharger in the future, that is FOR SURE going to need to be tuned. Get the 3500 P&P, get DHP or HPT, and learn to tune.