(WARNING - RANT IN PROGRESS) + Questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : (WARNING - RANT IN PROGRESS) + Questions

DomesticFreak
09-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Yes, I am ranting... I hate this damn car... it is wayyyy to damn slow... Okay, beating a Taurus by about a length just sucks balls. I mean come on. Pedal on the floor, no one in my car but myself, and I beat him by a length. What the hell...

Alright, I'm done ranting... I could go on, but I won't.

Now, what to do about the lack of speed.

I'm wondering what people's opinions are on going N/A, Boost, etc/whatever. I was thinking maybe doing a ZEX wet 50/75 shot system, or get pfyc.com's RSM Supercharger kit. I know the basics on what's better, more reliable, etc, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are. Or, which would be a better route? I don't want to go turbo, so it's either supercharger, or Nitrous.

On the other hand, I could swap my beloved 2.4L and 5-speed tranny. Are the engine mounts and tranny mounts different? I wouldn't imagine them to be. I love the look of the GAGT, but I loved the feel and power of my 2.4 and my 5-speed. And if I swap my 4-cyl again, I could just use the 3400 as it is, buy a blown 2.4, and build it like I want it, then turbo it. That would be make me happy as hell.

Anyway, opinions?

2.4L/5-speed swap build it up and turbo
OR
3400 supercharger

Ajaxus
09-02-2007, 02:48 AM
easy answer...search, the potential of every setup you've mentioned has been discussed alot already.

and personally, avoid the rsm kit unless you like having multiple issues needing fixes. eaton or bust if you s/c.

DomesticFreak
09-02-2007, 02:49 AM
I already know about searching... I was looking more for opinions...

What are the problems with the RSM kit?

EDIT: Thanks for putting it in the right place... Preciate it...

Jake
09-02-2007, 03:38 AM
I thought u were getting like a gazillion dollars from ur uncle and getting a new car.

DomesticFreak
09-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Yeah I still am... Just not as soon as I thought I was... In the mean time, I'm gonna do the sensible thing and build up the car I have.

SikMindz
09-02-2007, 05:36 AM
I'm gonna do the sensible thing and build up the car I have.

lol lol lol

An oxymoron if I ever saw one.

lol

onesexyga
09-02-2007, 07:52 AM
If you really are sold on building up the ga, then 2.4 w/ a 5 speed is the way to go IMO. But then you have to think about it, which is worse, almost being beaten by a ford taurus, or putting a lot of time and money into your car, and still getting beaten by even moderately fast cars.

silvergtjrad
09-02-2007, 09:41 AM
If you are only worried about going fast when you are racing, then get nitrous. Way cheaper, and I feel its less abusive because it isn't always there like, boost from a turbo or supercharger would be.

Tank
09-02-2007, 10:54 AM
lol lol lol

An oxymoron if I ever saw one.

lol

couldnt have said it better myself, IMO I would just be patient save that money and put it towards more HP on the new ride.

kuecker_dj09
09-03-2007, 11:46 AM
if u want to smoke cars, get a vette with that money...or a Goat

pyro
09-13-2007, 10:09 PM
http://forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-ComicBookGuy.jpg