few problems i have. lim? and loose feeling [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : few problems i have. lim? and loose feeling

ryanbgb22
09-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Since i have baught my car i put on around 30K. According to the guy i baught it from, the lim was replaced right before i baught it, however i think it might be starting to go again-which is guess is possible.

Anyway, i have been getting a low coolant light since about januruay. The first time i saw the light i filled the coolant and didnt see it again until about May. Since then i've been filling it like every 3-4 weeks. I though i found the problem when i found a leaky radiator hose, but after replacing the hose i lost coolant again. Now last week i parked my car and i was shooting coolant out of the overflow hose in the coolant resivor. WHat i dont understand is i cant find anywhere the coolant is leaking, including around any gaskets or from any hoses. It almost seems like my low coolant light is being defective and telling me i need to add coolant when i really dont.

I have been checking the oil almost every day and there is no coolant in there so i have no idea what is going on.

I also am having a loose feeling in my front suspension and steering. My steering wheel seems to have alot of play, and there seems to be some play in the suspension when hitting bumps at a slow speed. I looked over everything pretty good and cannot seem to find this problem either.

stewartfn18
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
first off, the light is not going to be defective. the computer is only going to tell you what you need to know. if its telling you that you need coolant, then you need it. as for loosing coolant, check the water pump. they like to go sour on these engines. also, check to see if the car is running hotter than normal. if so, then you are probably having problems with the thermostat. fill the overflow tank with coolant. The sensor i beleive is at the bottom of the tank. then go from there.

jnugg69
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
I agree. It sounds almost definitely like the water pump. Same thing just happened to my mother-in-law. She didn't get it fixed and blew her head. I would have it checked ASAP.