Body Work help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Body Work help

TFA
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
So I cracked my front bumper...again. In my defense this is the first car i have owned, my first and 2nd vehicle have been trucks and i still drive it like one sometimes. This is the 3rd bumper ive gone through in a year, by the way. anyway, is there any way I can just fix it instead of replacing it? I am going to be getting the car painted soon and this is the only thing in my way, i need it either replaced or fixed obviously before I paint. So, how would I go about fixing this? Ill try to get pictures up later tonight.

Tonyyank
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Plastic is not easy to fix but it is possible. IMO I'd get a new bumber, call the junk yards....

Jake
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
new bumper and slow down ftw

Trigga-T
09-11-2007, 05:56 PM
yea its definatley alot easier to just buy a new bumper. if u wanna fix it your gonna need a plastic welder and some plastic repair. u CANNOT put bondo on there it wont stick and will crack easy again.

TFA
09-11-2007, 07:38 PM
gotcha, new bumper..again...it is. And no, there are none in the local junk yards..well..none with a front end, everyone else that had a GA blew away the front end of their car

Grreen99GT
09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
i feel your pain, my front bumper has been cracked for a long time now. lucky for me, my dad riveted it back together to look somewhat normal again.