engine refresh, seafoam? injector cleaners? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : engine refresh, seafoam? injector cleaners?

onesexyga
09-15-2007, 12:56 PM
The GA is about to hit 80,000. Put in new plugs, wires, filter (cai), fuel filter, pcv valve, trans fluid, and tranny filter. It's just feeling a bit sluggish. I've had it since 64k and ive never had the injectors professionally cleaned, just run some cheapo cleaners, which i doubt do anything. I was thinking about seafoaming it. My question is should I just seafoam the whole deal (top end and fuel system), seafoam the top end only, have the injectors cleaned professionally (the cleaner that attaches to the fuel rail), clean the injectors manually myself, all of the above, none of the above?

nickofcourse
09-15-2007, 06:18 PM
if you have the money get the system cleaned by a professional.

if not you should just do seafoam, then change the oil.

onesexyga
09-16-2007, 06:57 PM
thanks, anybody else? lots of views, not a lot of replies.

Malaclypse
09-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Its already been said.

nickofcourse
09-28-2007, 07:09 PM
i was wondering if i used seafoam 50% in the gas tank and 50% in the top end through the pcv line, and 0 in the crank case would i still have to change my oil?

reason being the oil is not close to being chnaged yet. or when you let it sit for 5 minutes it seeps pass the rings and f's the oil up and things it out?

idk i guess ill just change my oil also.

last question, if you change the oil and the oil light reminder is not on i should reset the oil life monitor? or does it just reset the oil dummy light?

Malaclypse
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
If you change the oil go ahead and reset the oil life monitor. No poiint otherwise.

If you want to make things convienient for yourself, just wait until you're almost due for your next oil change. Then run the seafoam and change as usual.

Yeah, whenever the engine is running there's still some materials from the combustion chamber that leak past the rings reguardless of what you do.

nickofcourse
09-30-2007, 12:03 PM
If you change the oil go ahead and reset the oil life monitor. No poiint otherwise.

If you want to make things convienient for yourself, just wait until you're almost due for your next oil change. Then run the seafoam and change as usual.

Yeah, whenever the engine is running there's still some materials from the combustion chamber that leak past the rings reguardless of what you do.

yeah im just going to wait till i have to change the oil.

onesexyga
09-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Picked up some seafoam, and im going to do the top end and injectors, but im waiting until im ready for an oil change. Can says you can run the cleaner straight to the tb or main vacuum line to clean injectors. I'd rather not run it straight from the tank, just so i dont risk brining in any **** from the tank or lines. Wheres the best place to hook in, and how would i go about doing that. Obviously i dont have an injector cleaning machine, but i do have all the basic tools, and some decent know how.

nickofcourse
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Picked up some seafoam, and im going to do the top end and injectors, but im waiting until im ready for an oil change. Can says you can run the cleaner straight to the tb or main vacuum line to clean injectors. I'd rather not run it straight from the tank, just so i dont risk brining in any **** from the tank or lines. Wheres the best place to hook in, and how would i go about doing that. Obviously i dont have an injector cleaning machine, but i do have all the basic tools, and some decent know how.

i heard where you pop the pcv tube off the valve and suck it in there to clean the top end. dont do that until someone else replys becuase im not too sure.