Passlock Problems!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Passlock Problems!!

cheetoh
09-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know for sure that Cutting the Yellow wire will work on the Passlock Preventing the Car from Starting Problem?? Alkso, I Purchased a DEI 555l Passlock Remote start interface, Are there any instructions online anyplace that tells how to install this thing?? The instructions that Come with it are not real clear on What wires the Interface splices into.

jsoluna
10-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Just as a side note:

My Mom's 2002 GT has had the passlock problem for quite some time now - where it defaults into security mode and forces the user to run through the passlock test to start the car almost every time. A friend of hers found a method that has stopped the problem on her car for months now - if you're just trying to bypass passlock because it's giving you problems, you might want to try this -

Instead of the normal passlock method, leave the ignition on the on position for FIFTEEEN minutes, then turn it completely OFF for at least one minute. Then attempt to start the car. I'm not sure why it helps, but my Mom hasn't had a problem with it since she tried it.