Engine wont start... please help. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Engine wont start... please help.

bax11
09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
ok so heres what happened and maybe someone can help me out. I was driving up a rather steep hill probably almost a 45 degree... when my car sputtered and ran out of gas.. i coasted it back into a parking spot and put 2 gallons in the tank... i figured thats enough to get my car home.. Now my car wont start... i asked around and a few ppl told me it could be the injector going bad because of running out of gas.. another was that there is air in a fuel line/fuel pump.. Another was the air in the fuel pump caused the pump to go bad. I just figured i flooded it since i pumped the petal like an idiot when i was trying to start it.... but i let it set for over 3 hours and still no go. any help and possible solutions would be great. im in a bind here. thanks for any help given.

drumking1721
09-18-2007, 08:32 PM
it could be flooded....take the plugs out and see if they have gas on them. Also it could be air. If the angle was that much,then yea something like that could happen

ryanbgb22
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
when i ran my ga out of gas it took about 3 gallons before it would start again...i doubt it is your problem but mayb the angle you were driving made it ran out and it wont start with what is in the tank.

bax11
09-18-2007, 08:58 PM
the car is parked relatively flat now. ill try putting more gas in the tank in the morning. if air is the problem then thats the least of my worries im just hoping the fuel pump didn't seize. i forgot to check to see if i could here it turn on when i turn the ignition to ON. Ill have to check that as well tomorrow. If the pump is still working but it isn't starting ill try priming the line with the on off method using the fuel pump. And if that doesn't work then i guess theres always ether. A shot of that in the throttle body is supposed to do the trick. that or a plugged fuel filter i guess could be the only other problem. let me know what you guys think.

thormxkid
06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
ever figure this out???

Jake
06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
ever figure this out???

This thread is nearly 2 years old and he was last seen a month ago lol

Blight
06-25-2009, 06:49 PM
lol ^

I was going to ask what happens if you are driving when you run out of gas if it could have leaned out or something and blew up an internal mechanism :)