Back in the GAGT.com town... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Back in the GAGT.com town...

atc3434
09-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, haven't been around in a while, good to see the website is still doing well, looks like a few of the old heads are still around. I'm still driving the now rusting 155k miles once GAGT.com calender car from so many years ago. Its actually my wifes car (got married this year) but she's kind enough to let me indulge myself. Still has the go-fast goodies, headers, SLP exhaust, and a tune, and still runs quite well. Its getting a little tired, it'll leakdown oil past the valve guides and smoke on restarts for a second when its hot, but other than that, its still going strong. Living proof that the 3400 and auto can survive heavy use over the long haul, this car still see's the redline on a somewhat daily basis.

Anyways, thought I'd drop in and say hey.

Exodus
09-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey I remember you man, or maybe Im thinking of someone else-anyway congrats on the marriage and a double congrats on a 3400 still going strong. Its good to see some of them holding out w/ moderate upgrades.

Ajaxus
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
hey, long time no see. welcome back man. i remember that last reflection shot you had in the puddle that made the calendar, it was great.

onesexyga
09-20-2007, 02:17 PM
yeah, i remember that color and those rims photographed really well.

williamGT
09-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey welcome back, I love your threads

Rich
09-21-2007, 01:38 AM
welcome back. we could use some more knowledgable 3400 people around here.

DrFabulous
09-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Welcome back man. Didn't you sell the GA to a brother in law or something and start driving a SVT Contour? Or am I just stupid? (or both?)

atc3434
09-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Welcome back man. Didn't you sell the GA to a brother in law or something and start driving a SVT Contour? Or am I just stupid? (or both?)

No, your right. I sold the GA and bought the SVT Contour. A year later I decided to get serious about a play car, sold the SVT Contour and bought a Camaro that I could mod, race, and beat to my hearts content. I also bought the GA back, as my brother-in-law I had sold the car to was stepping into some different wheels.

It had rusted quite a bit as he wasn't much a car-washer, but it was still in good working order. My ABS controller has stopped working, so I have no ABS, but thats no big deal to me. The hook the trunk latch hooks to actually rusted right off the mount, so I've got the truck held close internally with a tie-down strap. The car is defintley getting more ghetto, but its not my pride and joy anymore, just a daily driver. The old 3400 still gets it done, it gets good marks in my book for being a pretty good motor. I've talked 4 of my friends into Grand Ams, I may buy another on, probably an '05 GT in a year or two, they really are a sharp looking car, and a good daily driver.

ryanbgb22
09-21-2007, 07:34 AM
pics of the camaro?

atc3434
09-21-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/vbgarage/vbgarage-image-1794.jpg

See if this link works...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/vbgarage/vbgarage-member-20286.html

williamGT
09-21-2007, 10:54 AM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/vbgarage/vbgarage-image-1794.jpg

See if this link works...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/vbgarage/vbgarage-member-20286.html
Nice car, my buddy has 1984 camaro Z28 with 383 stroker

atc3434
09-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Yea, this car lackes only a bigger motor to be complete. Its all leather interior, the suspension is all new and all aftermarket goodies, the trans and rear end are build up and builtproof, just needs a little more power. The 305 in there now is pretty stout, its a mild cam and some bolt on breathing mods, it'll beat a Cobalt SS, so it moves.

silvergtjrad
09-21-2007, 03:29 PM
it'll beat a Cobalt SS, so it moves.
:heh: :heh:

DrFabulous
09-23-2007, 09:03 PM
No, your right. I sold the GA and bought the SVT Contour. A year later I decided to get serious about a play car, sold the SVT Contour and bought a Camaro that I could mod, race, and beat to my hearts content. I also bought the GA back, as my brother-in-law I had sold the car to was stepping into some different wheels.

It had rusted quite a bit as he wasn't much a car-washer, but it was still in good working order. My ABS controller has stopped working, so I have no ABS, but thats no big deal to me. The hook the trunk latch hooks to actually rusted right off the mount, so I've got the truck held close internally with a tie-down strap. The car is defintley getting more ghetto, but its not my pride and joy anymore, just a daily driver. The old 3400 still gets it done, it gets good marks in my book for being a pretty good motor. I've talked 4 of my friends into Grand Ams, I may buy another on, probably an '05 GT in a year or two, they really are a sharp looking car, and a good daily driver.

Well thats cool that you got it back! It must have been hard to see it go downhill, but at the same time nice to be able to get back in it again and cruise around for a while more.

Nice Camaro!

atc3434
09-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Well thats cool that you got it back! It must have been hard to see it go downhill, but at the same time nice to be able to get back in it again and cruise around for a while more.

Nice Camaro!

Its really sad, I worked hard to keep the car very nice, I washed it frequently, maintained things very well, etc. Then its out of my hands 1 year, and starts rusting like crazy because it went through an entire salty New York winter without a single wash. The exhaust rusted out where the cutout was installed in the back, and my brother-in-law had it fixed, but they replaced that wonderful SLP over axle pipe with some 2.25 inch crush bent crap, effectively counter-acting the good exhaust and headers, all at once. Oh well, its just a daily driver now, it still crushed a new A4 and an older MR-2 the other weekend.

Jake
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Well I never knew you before but welcome back anyway lol :p. My old Se was that color, love that color :D