Headlights on my 2001 GT very dim... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlights on my 2001 GT very dim...

GTownerAKR
09-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I just revently purchased this GT in May and I have to say these headlights are very dim...

I am thinking about purchasing the Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs... does anyone know if they are good bulbs?

Any help would be great!

P.S - Im new here... site looks really cool!

ryanbgb22
09-21-2007, 11:13 PM
this site can be more helpful than you can imagine...but searching is necessary. Do a search and you will find all your lighting answers.

GTownerAKR
09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
this site can be more helpful than you can imagine...but searching is necessary. Do a search and you will find all your lighting answers.

I have been searching, just looking to get some comments from people that may own better bulbs...

ryanbgb22
09-21-2007, 11:18 PM
options are prettymuch silverstars or hids...silverstars are a little better than stock, and all info you could ever want on hids can be found by searching.

Bryan
09-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Silverstars are definitely nice and reliable. I've had them in the headlights and fogs for a reallly long time.

GTownerAKR
09-21-2007, 11:21 PM
options are prettymuch silverstars or hids...silverstars are a little better than stock, and all info you could ever want on hids can be found by searching.

HID's are very expensive... that is the main reason why im leaning towards buying the Silverstar Ultra's...

GTownerAKR
09-21-2007, 11:28 PM
PIAA Xtreme White Headlight Bulbs (9007) $70.00

Pair of PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs. Improve visibility and replace those factory boring headlight bulbs with these xtreme white PIAA bulbs. These PIAA 9007 xtreme white bulbs have a color temperature at 4000k which is very similar to the HID white color. PIAA is known as the top of the line company in Auto Lighting!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would this be a good deal?

Or should I go with the Silverstar Ultra's...?

Bryan
09-21-2007, 11:30 PM
For the price I'd go with the Silverstars although PIAAs are very nice as well.

GTownerAKR
09-21-2007, 11:33 PM
For the price I'd go with the Silverstars although PIAAs are very nice as well.

I'm most likely will be going with the Silverstars... I'm not really interested in paying 70 bucks for light bulbs...

silverbullet51
10-02-2007, 10:56 PM
one of the first things i did to my car was swap out the stock bulbs. i got the silverstar ultras from autozone for aroun $50. i noticed at most a 15% improvement driving at night, but all in all, i'm disappointed. granted any bulb will be better than stock, but i am at a loss for suggestions.