Car seems crooked.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car seems crooked..

drumking1721
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Alright so this past weekend i replaced my strut mounts,prior to doing this i noticed the same thing. When i look at the front of the car from an angle,i see the drivers side tire sits farther into the wheel well than the passenger side tire does,when i say sits farther in,i mean horizantally pushed in,not like a shot strut or broken spring. When i first got the car and done the car fax theres no accident record. any idea what would cause this? also to throw this in there,i COMPLETELY forgot to lube the strut mount...is it gonna kill me?

Bryan
09-25-2007, 04:25 PM
My cars the same way. I don't think it's been in an accident either so I don't know what's up.

Rich
09-25-2007, 04:27 PM
when was the last time you got an alignment?

i forgot to lube too and i got the clunks ;crap

drumking1721
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I did the mounts on friday,had the alignment done saturday morn bright and early. The alignment wasnt far off at all,but i still had it done at belle tire. I just cant figure out why the tire sits in like that,im kinda glad to know its not just my car....as for the clunks,im not too worried.my old mounts were bone dry and taken off multiple times,for struts and springs,installed seperately,and i forgot to lube them that time(idiot haha)...the bearings in them were just completely shot. Reason being i changed them in the first place was of a knock on the passy side...the damn knock is still there...im gonna lube the area this weekend,hopefully it will help

onesexyga
09-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Yeah, those things are a bitch. If you dont seat them exactly right and lube the hell out of them, they knock like crazy. If youre getting noise, its worth reseating them before you do any damage.