Headlights dont fit right [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Headlights dont fit right

Saber326
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
i bought a new pair of headlights off ebay for like 75 bucks about a year ago for my 99 SE. When i installed and alligned them they didnt seem to fit right. the seal fit ok on the sides and top, but the bottom doesnt make the greatest seal with the bumber. there is a small space between so the seal that isnt pressing against the light or the bumber. it just kinda hangs there a little bit. it seems like it should be about a half inch closer to the bumper. it doesnt really look that great either. i think i might have bought GT headlights but im pretty sure they are the same for the SE. i never checked to see if they were GM lights but maybe they were made by some bogus aftermarket company. anyone else have the same problem? suggestions?

Saber326
10-03-2007, 11:47 AM
they are stock headlights btw

Lab Rat
10-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I believe you have not gotten ALL the tabs aligned correctly. There are 3. 2 are for adjustment and the 3rd is at the bottom outside of the light. Get that last one in and you will have no problem getting them to fit or adjust correctly. It is a PITA to get right. Good luck. BTW, there is only 1 headlight for both the SE and the GT.

Saber326
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
thanks, ill take a look at it and give it a shot

Saber326
10-03-2007, 05:32 PM
well i just checked it out and i CAN get the headlights to fit right. but when they fit right, the beams aim WAY too low. I checked the last adjustment screw you were talking about and if i tighten it up any more the light is recessed way to far into the body. I checked it and it was already at the optimum position. the beams are properly alligned. i checked them. i am 100% sure that the size of the light is correct. i found out that the way the beams are pointed in the casing is off. so i guess its either have them fit right in the car and point way too far down, or have the beams alligned properly and have them not fit right in the car...... **** lol. anyone have any stock headlights that arent fogged up that they would like to sell?