Quick intake question... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quick intake question...

hodgson316
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
On a stock intake setup, what goes in between the MAS and the air filter box. What connects the 2 together? Im trying to return my car to stock but I can't remember what goes there... pics would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Blackrider
10-10-2007, 08:58 PM
On a stock intake setup, what goes in between the MAS and the air filter box. What connects the 2 together? Im trying to return my car to stock but I can't remember what goes there... pics would be helpful. Thanks in advance

I don't have a pic however itís a black rubber coupler.

WeibSunder
10-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Here's a pic of my car before I added the intake.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h126/x_exzentriker_x/008.jpg

Hope it helps.

drumking1721
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
if i remember right the maf hooks directly to the box

Blackrider
10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
if i remember right the maf hooks directly to the box

No there is a coupler between the 2.

WeibSunder
10-11-2007, 06:49 AM
No there is a coupler between the 2.

Wrong. The MAF hooks straight to the box via screw clamp. The components to the stock air intake consist of the top and bottom of the air box, 3 screw clamps, 1 ribbed air hose that the sensors connect in, and of course the MAF.

Blackrider
10-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Wrong. The MAF hooks straight to the box via screw clamp. The components to the stock air intake consist of the top and bottom of the air box, 3 screw clamps, 1 ribbed air hose that the sensors connect in, and of course the MAF.

Umm no, there is a rubber coupler that connects the 2. The reason you may think this is because usually when pulling off the MAF the rubber coupler stays on the air box however it can be easily removed.

atc3434
10-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Umm no, there is a rubber coupler that connects the 2. The reason you may think this is because usually when pulling off the MAF the rubber coupler stays on the air box however it can be easily removed.

Way way off topic - Blackrider, whats up? Long time no chat... get the GTP to the track yet?

Blackrider
10-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Way way off topic - Blackrider, whats up? Long time no chat... get the GTP to the track yet?

Hey dude I've been good. No track times for the GTP yet. I live on an island.

hodgson316
10-12-2007, 05:10 AM

i see... well it looks like im missing this damn coupler b/c there is no way that the MAF can go directly to the air box w/ just a clamp... anyone have one for sale? lol

thanks again for the quick responses and the help guys!

lvemy3100
10-12-2007, 05:31 AM
i got one...

whats it worth to ya?