Just bought a grand am gt 99' (questions inside) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a grand am gt 99' (questions inside)

zukiracer19
10-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Ok I have a 3.4 L Grand AM GT 99' has ram air etc etc... but it's AUTOMATIC... my only flaw... i want to get a cold air intake, do they make them that go with ram air? and I was going to buy a car system .. i'm not sure how much power to sit by the back window.. anyone got anything or know of anything that hits hard but won't break the back window?? amp/subs...

NorKoastal
10-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok I have a 3.4 L Grand AM GT 99' has ram air etc etc... but it's AUTOMATIC... my only flaw... i want to get a cold air intake, do they make them that go with ram air? and I was going to buy a car system .. i'm not sure how much power to sit by the back window.. anyone got anything or know of anything that hits hard but won't break the back window?? amp/subs...

This forum has been around a while so the search button will cover most of your first 30 or so questions on Intake, exhaust, beat, and other mods.. Its green and to the upper right..

Good luck.

DrFabulous
10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
CAI replaces the ram-air. Thats a good thing, because the ram-air is a gimmick and doesn't do anything.

As for a system, go listen to stuff and buy what you like/can afford.

Oh, and SEARCH. ;)

Tonyyank
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
but it's AUTOMATIC... my only flaw.....

AUTOMATICS suck!!! ;) :D

stillriza
10-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I am pretty sure Every newbie who has ever come on the forums got flamed for not using the search..except for me ofcourse:angel

Amber99ga
10-11-2007, 05:48 PM
I am pretty sure Every newbie who has ever come on the forums got flamed for not using the search..except for me ofcourse:angel

naw some of us were around these forums when mods to 99+ were still new and we could ask stupid questions with out getting flamed.

silvergtjrad
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Before it gets asked, nobody has a 5 speed gt. The parts are out there to do the swap, but good luck finding them. Not to mention getting the pcm to work along with it.

zukiracer19
10-13-2007, 06:25 PM
ok thanks... Anyone here of N-Take CIA??? they any good?? i seen ebay has them for 50 $.. my friend bought one for his 2003 silverado and the filter itself is long and the sound of it sucking in air sounds like a turbo

cardude007617
10-13-2007, 06:36 PM
just do MP Racing. they fit perfectly, come with a GOOD filter, and he has great support. so ya, check his stuf fout.

timberwoof
10-14-2007, 08:25 AM
we've got some good sponcors on this site. Very knowledgeable, and their products are proven. Checks into their stuff and ask around. Most of the guys on here who have 1,500 post or more can attest to the products and know what works and what doesn't.

Search Search Search.

DrFabulous
10-14-2007, 08:41 AM
ok thanks... Anyone here of N-Take CIA??? they any good?? i seen ebay has them for 50 $.. my friend bought one for his 2003 silverado and the filter itself is long and the sound of it sucking in air sounds like a turbo

Don't buy anything for your car off ebay, please. Check out our sponsers- they make great products at a great price. Or, check the for-sale section of the forum, and pick up some used stuff.