Idle fix [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Idle fix

TFA
10-12-2007, 06:51 PM
So my car was idling high (about 1500 rpm). Today I finally got around to taking a look at the car. I completely removed my CAI all the way to the UIM. Took brake cleaner and cleaned everything, the MAF, tubing, everything. Then I took some silicone and sealed the 2 sensors up. It managed to drop the idle down to about 1000, a little less. Tomorrow im gonna play a little more and take a look at the vacume line, it looks like its a little loose. Overall im happy that I decided to take look instead of fighting with the dealership.

nickofcourse
10-12-2007, 09:48 PM
So my car was idling high (about 1500 rpm). Today I finally got around to taking a look at the car. I completely removed my CAI all the way to the UIM. Took brake cleaner and cleaned everything, the MAF, tubing, everything. Then I took some silicone and sealed the 2 sensors up. It managed to drop the idle down to about 1000, a little less. Tomorrow im gonna play a little more and take a look at the vacume line, it looks like its a little loose. Overall im happy that I decided to take look instead of fighting with the dealership.

you probably have a bad idle speed sensor.

TFA
10-13-2007, 09:43 AM
yeah quite possibly, im just trying everything i can before i end up having to get it fixed by someone else.