trouble starting [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : trouble starting

aaron89
10-20-2007, 03:44 PM
lately when i go out in the mornings to start my car it hesitates, starts and shuts off a number of times, sometimes taking 5 mins of starting/shuting off to keep going, it shuts off as soon as it fores up. i figured it could be bad plugs so i bought new ones but its still like it. but when the car finally stays going it will run perfect and start up everytime of the day that i try it even leaving it for hours while im in school, if its raining or sunny. someone told me the fuel pump but it dosent hestate to move or anything when its going and runs like a new car the rest of the day. can anybody help me out here.

kornfox
10-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Could be several things.. Do you have a check engine light on? Maybe a clogged fuel filter or injectors. Does it start immediately then stumble and die or does it attempt to turn over several times before starting?

aaron89
10-20-2007, 10:04 PM
check engine is on but its been on when i got the car and havent had this trouble till now which was like 2 months ago, but the car starts immediately, as quick as i can turn the key each time but shuts off rite away and turn the key again rite away and it will start.

cardude007617
10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
sounds like a fuel supply thing, like a fuel pump issue or FPR maybe?